• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#191 susan1672

susan1672
  • Vendor
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hi Grand ladies!

Just received an e-mail from Janielle...the funny thing is...I didn't even complain about anything...she contacted me out of the blue! It seems they are aware of the Tai Floral situation so hopefully it gets resolved soon!

Good night Susan,

I have not seen any e-mails that you sent with requests to the florist….are you getting through to her, if not please let me know??? And remember to copy me to all e-mails.

Janielle Feurtado

Wedding Coordinator

Coordinador de boda

Susan

#192 JenAndBrad

JenAndBrad
    • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Hi Tropical Love,

No, Janielle never told me this information in an email. It's just what I thought was included by reading the package details. I guess I will have to email her as well requesting the specific details about what is included in the Free Wedding Package to confirm it all for me. Thanks for the tip!

JenAndBrad

#193 okcbride

okcbride
      • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

Definitely Tropical Love!

#194 Cleo

Cleo
        • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hi!

Congratulations on you upcoming wedding!! Can you share the group rate that you got for the Grand??

#195 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
          • Site Supporter
          • 171 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Cleo - my group rate was $859 per person for 4 nights, this does not include air

Originally Posted by Cleo 

Hi!

Congratulations on you upcoming wedding!! Can you share the group rate that you got for the Grand??

#196 susan1672

susan1672
            • Vendor
            • 231 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

Hey Ladies!

We are heading to the Grand in a few days for our site visit and will be meeting with Janielle. Is there anything you would like me to discuss with her? I'm thinking about taking a voice recorder just so I have all the answers verbally lol. I am definitely asking about the group incentives because apparently I'm not guaranteed a cocktail party or welcome party if I have 25+ rooms anymore...even though my TA said I was. They didn't put anything except that every 22nd passenger is free in our group contract. If anyone needs me to ask her anything or get them anything while I'm there, let me know! I'll make sure I take lots of pics to share with ya'll when I get back!

Susan 

#197 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
              • Site Supporter
              • 340 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hey Hey my lovely Grand Brides! Just wondering if those of you who are getting the free wedding package, inquired with the WC about the inclusions? I unfortunately reserved my date before the free wedding promotion so I am booked with the Grand Promises package, and I am planning to fight it but just wanted to make sure it was worth the fight!  I see the free wedding includes alot less, according to the website (i.e.: arrangement for marriage license and official certificate, wedding organization by the WC, trial hair and hair the day of... which are a few major things). I was wondering.... would they do those things anyway? Let me know if you ladies hear anything!!

Thanks

Shannon

#198 susan1672

susan1672
                • Vendor
                • 231 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hey Shannon!

I actually e-mailed Janielle a few times about some of these items since they weren't included in the free wedding package and here is her responses to my e-mail:

-arrangements for marriage license and official certificate. This is included
                  -wedding personalization and personalization of wedding coordinator. US$ 400.00
                  -wedding dress pressing service.  Roughly  US$50.00
                  -decoration of wedding venue. This is dependent based on the type of d©cor you want and whether of not you are using a huppa or arch.

-sound system with microphone and CD music for ceremony. US$ 150.00 We only play the traditional bridal march if you need something different please take your own CD

1. How big is the wedding cake included in the free wedding package? If it is small, how much would it cost for a larger cake for 50 people? We will provide a cake for all 50 persons.

2. I want to bring an outside vendor to drop off flowers. Would a vendor fee apply if they are only dropping off? As long as they come to the lobby give the flowers to me then no fee applies however they will need to set anything up at all then a cost of US$ 250 will apply.

3. What is the FREE room upgrade for the wedding couple included in the free wedding package? If we book an oceanview room, will we be upgraded to oceanfront? If we book a standard room, will we be upgraded to oceanview or oceanfront? Please note upgrades are based  upon availability. But as you said from standard to Ocean View and from Ocean View to Ocean Front.

4. The free wedding package says it includes a champagne toast. Is this only for the bride and groom? If so, how much would it be extra per person for the toast? No the Champagne Toast is for everyone at the ceremony.

5. Do you have decorations available to use for the reception for tables other than the head wedding table such as vases and candles? Also, do you have paper lanterns, LED lights and boxes for table cards or do we need to bring these items ourselves? Our local florist tai flora will provide all that for you if you need to get in touch with them let me know so I can send you contact info.

6. Since I am using the free wedding package, what would it cost for the decorating of a huppa and the decorating of the reception venue since that's not included in the free wedding package? The huppa is not a part of the package and cost US$250 and is draped in white if you need it to be decorated then the florist will provide any additional that you will need.

7. The cost for a 3 hour private reception is $1,750. How much would it be if we wanted to rent it out for an extra hour to make it 6:30 - 10:30 PM? It would be a cost of US$ 250 and the time would be form 7:00pm to 11:00pm.

I didn't ask about the hair trial but I'm assuming that would be extra and would probably be the same as what's on their price list.

Best of luck! I hope you get the package! : )

Susan

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 

Hey Hey my lovely Grand Brides! Just wondering if those of you who are getting the free wedding package, inquired with the WC about the inclusions? I unfortunately reserved my date before the free wedding promotion so I am booked with the Grand Promises package, and I am planning to fight it but just wanted to make sure it was worth the fight!  I see the free wedding includes alot less, according to the website (i.e.: arrangement for marriage license and official certificate, wedding organization by the WC, trial hair and hair the day of... which are a few major things). I was wondering.... would they do those things anyway? Let me know if you ladies hear anything!!

Thanks

Shannon

#199 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 340 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

Hey Susan!

Thanks girl this helps a lot! I am glad we are on the same wave length and you asked the questions I was thinking. I am going to call there Monday, anything you want me to ask? I am hoping I get the package too!! I'll let you know how it goes, I have a feeling it is going to be a fight!

Thanks

Shannon

Originally Posted by susan1672 

Hey Shannon!

I actually e-mailed Janielle a few times about some of these items since they weren't included in the free wedding package and here is her responses to my e-mail:

-arrangements for marriage license and official certificate. This is included
                    -wedding personalization and personalization of wedding coordinator. US$ 400.00
                    -wedding dress pressing service.  Roughly  US$50.00
                    -decoration of wedding venue. This is dependent based on the type of d©cor you want and whether of not you are using a huppa or arch.

-sound system with microphone and CD music for ceremony. US$ 150.00 We only play the traditional bridal march if you need something different please take your own CD

1. How big is the wedding cake included in the free wedding package? If it is small, how much would it cost for a larger cake for 50 people? We will provide a cake for all 50 persons.

2. I want to bring an outside vendor to drop off flowers. Would a vendor fee apply if they are only dropping off? As long as they come to the lobby give the flowers to me then no fee applies however they will need to set anything up at all then a cost of US$ 250 will apply.

3. What is the FREE room upgrade for the wedding couple included in the free wedding package? If we book an oceanview room, will we be upgraded to oceanfront? If we book a standard room, will we be upgraded to oceanview or oceanfront? Please note upgrades are based  upon availability. But as you said from standard to Ocean View and from Ocean View to Ocean Front.

4. The free wedding package says it includes a champagne toast. Is this only for the bride and groom? If so, how much would it be extra per person for the toast? No the Champagne Toast is for everyone at the ceremony.

5. Do you have decorations available to use for the reception for tables other than the head wedding table such as vases and candles? Also, do you have paper lanterns, LED lights and boxes for table cards or do we need to bring these items ourselves? Our local florist tai flora will provide all that for you if you need to get in touch with them let me know so I can send you contact info.

6. Since I am using the free wedding package, what would it cost for the decorating of a huppa and the decorating of the reception venue since that's not included in the free wedding package? The huppa is not a part of the package and cost US$250 and is draped in white if you need it to be decorated then the florist will provide any additional that you will need.

7. The cost for a 3 hour private reception is $1,750. How much would it be if we wanted to rent it out for an extra hour to make it 6:30 - 10:30 PM? It would be a cost of US$ 250 and the time would be form 7:00pm to 11:00pm.

I didn't ask about the hair trial but I'm assuming that would be extra and would probably be the same as what's on their price list.

Best of luck! I hope you get the package! : )

Susan

#200 Leah22

Leah22
                    • 150 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hello Everyone!  I might be an Iberostar bride.  I was ready to book at the Half Moon, but my growing guest list is making me think twice about their high price tag.  I'm trying to decide between the Grand and the Suites for my wedding in June 2012.  We will have a group of around 40-50 and there will be some really young kids in our group, but I spoke to Angellie (the PR manager) and she said that kids could come to the ceremony and private reception.  

Did anyone in this forum consider the Suites?  I will definitely stay at the Grand, but I can't decide which location is better for the wedding.  With the Grand's free package and paying $1750 for the private reception, I think it may still be cheaper than the Suites (they charge $1900 for the package (non-legal), $800 for a private reception and $18 pp over 8 people)...even if I need to pay for some of my guests' day passes who are staying at the Suites or the Beach resort ($50 each) I think the Grand may still come out to be cheaper.  Does this logic make sense?

Has anyone looked at the 2 resorts to compare ceremony sites?  I just don't want to get married in a crowded area where 50 on-lookers are standing around in their bathing suits.  And I know the reception choices are different as well.  Is the Grand just much better than the Suites?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users