Photo

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#11 GregsBride

GregsBride
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

Sparkles your pics were amazing!!! You look like you had a great time. I am so excited and I can't wait to go back. And thanks again for sending me the template for the STD letter!! :)
    ~Christina

#12 GregsBride

GregsBride
    • 333 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

I am also thinking about booking Sungold for my wedding... I have heard nothing but great reviews of them and their work pretty much speaks for itself!!
      ~Christina

#13 iberostar09

iberostar09
      • 173 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

Hi Sparkles! congratulations on booking your wedding at the Grand in Jamaica from one Grand bride to another. I was married at the Grand in Mexico in March. I was looking through your pictures and they look almost IDENTICAL to the Grand in Mexico. You are going to love having your wedding there I'm sure! Are you honeymooning there after? Now I want to try the one in Jamaica for our next vacation!! :)

#14 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
        • 349 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

Gregsbride- No problem, that is what I love about this blog--how we can all share with one another!

Iberostar 09- Your siggy pic is so beautiful! Congrats on your wedding :). My mom and I stayed at the Grand Paraiso last June and LOVED it. That is why we chose the Grand Rose Hall for the wedding, since we really wanted to get married in Jamaica. I would say the resorts are identical in restaurants, rooms, pools, and quality of service. The Jamaican hotel/grounds are smaller but the personalities of the staff are much larger so it makes up for it. The people and the more upbeat regaee music are what make the Grand Rose Hall so much fun! I would reccomend it in a heartbeat. Both hotels are amazing and give you that Grand experience! We are honeymooing at Moon Dance Villas in Negril. We wanted to do a honeymoon in a place that was away from everyone and was a little different than anything we have been to before. It's all villas and each has a personal chef, bartender, etc.. so that should be fun. I would love to see more pictures of your wedding, I'm sure it was so beautiful!!
          WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#15 tanyalb

tanyalb
          • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Can your guests stay at the Beach or Suites and go to the Grand for the wedding or does it cost extra? Most of my guests do not want to pay a lot for accommodations so I am trying to find alternatives for them. I am still trying to find where I want to get married and your pictures are convincing! I was also thinking Moon Dance Villas but it will also be expensive...so many options!

Sparkles, do you have a direct email for the wedding coordinator? I have not had much luck getting in touch with anyone.

Tanya

#16 GregsBride

GregsBride
            • 333 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by tanyalb
              Can your guests stay at the Beach or Suites and go to the Grand for the wedding or does it cost extra? Most of my guests do not want to pay a lot for accommodations so I am trying to find alternatives for them. I am still trying to find where I want to get married and your pictures are convincing! I was also thinking Moon Dance Villas but it will also be expensive...so many options!

Sparkles, do you have a direct email for the wedding coordinator? I have not had much luck getting in touch with anyone.

Tanya
              I'm not getting married at the Grand but at the Suites, and when I was there the coordinator said that guests staying at the Suites would not have to pay for a day pass for the Grand but those staying at the Beach Resort would have to pay for a guest pass to gain access to either the Suites or the Grand. The paperwork I received from the coordinator at the Suites has a wedding day pass listed at $100 pp.
              ~Christina

#17 tanyalb

tanyalb
              • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

Thanks Christina!

I heard from Pilar today and April 17, 2010 is available so we booked it! I am so excited!

#18 GregsBride

GregsBride
                • 333 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

Congrats!!! You will be getting married exactly one week before me. Hopefully we can keep each other on track :)
                  ~Christina

#19 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
                  • 349 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

Tanya- Sorry for not getting back to you about Pilar's email. I see that you got in contact with her, congrats on booking your wedding!!! I know that she was out of town for a week so that is prob why it took her awhile to get back to you. I am so glad to have another Grand bride on here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gregsbride- So guests staying at the Suites can just come over to the Grand and hang out all day without having to purchase a day pass? Is that only on the wedding day or is it every day you are there? My FIs aunt is set on bringing her 2 kids so they would have to stay in the Suites, but she did not want to come if they had to pay for a pass to come over!
                    WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#20 GregsBride

GregsBride
                    • 333 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

Based on what I was told a couple months ago, if you staying at either the Suites or the Grand you had access to all three. I may have misunderstood, so I would double check to be safe. But I would think that the kids wouldn't be allowed either way since the Grand is adults only. Uuuugh!!! There are just so many things to figure out...

On another note, did you happen to see what type of chairs they use for the wedding?? I'm not to sure how I feel about the chair cover idea, so if the chairs are nice w/out the cover I am considering not using them.

Thanks for you help!!
                      ~Christina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users