Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Thanks!

What time did you make your reservations for? We were hoping to eat at 7:30 or 8pm but they said their seating times were only 6:30pm, 7pm, 8:30pm or 9. mad.gif

Originally Posted by DaniScales2b View Post

The Wolferts,

The Surf and Turf was our favorite while we were there.  And you can make reservations prior to your trip.  You can also request reservations at the Beach or Suites as well although I didn't get a chance to dine at any of their restaurants when we went on our site visit.  Enjoy your honeymoon and congrats!

Dani

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

For anyone that has already visited the Grand, can you make any recommendations for the best restaurants? Also, I have read that you have the ability to make reservations shortly before your trip via email, has anyone done this?

Do any of the other nearby Iberostar properties (suites and beach) require dinner reservations for a la carte restaurants?

Thanks! We leave for our HM in 6 days! pinkie.gif

you can not request reservations for the beach/suites before ur trip you have to make them there. We liked the gourmet and mexican! Have so much fun!

Kfarkas,

Did Janielle tell you this?  I hadn't heard of this and haven't seen a contract once I secured my wedding date.  Did she send you one?

Dani

Hi Dani

When we went on our site visit nothing was mentioned and we never got the contract. HOWEVER she sent the contract to our travel agent and the 60% was in there and we were PISSED so we are in the process of negotiations or finding another venue.

Kristi

Did you attend any of the nightly shows? I think the 8:30 reservation slot is our best bet as the sun wont even be fully down by 8:30 and I dont want to rush if we do an all day excursion, but I am afraid that we will miss any of the fun nightly things.

We had a late dinner, probably closer to the 8:30 PM time.  I think they keep that 7:00 - 8:30 time block reserved in case there is a private reception that will be held there.  

omg i can't believe that! this was posted in your IGRH contract?  we are booked at the suites but I want to go back and check my contract too.. i hope you are able to find a way around it - that's silly it matters especially if you plan to rent out the restaurant for the reception?

Originally Posted by kfarkas26 View Post

Hi Dani

When we went on our site visit nothing was mentioned and we never got the contract. HOWEVER she sent the contract to our travel agent and the 60% was in there and we were PISSED so we are in the process of negotiations or finding another venue.

Kristi

Originally Posted by allieplask View Post

omg i can't believe that! this was posted in your IGRH contract?  we are booked at the suites but I want to go back and check my contract too.. i hope you are able to find a way around it - that's silly it matters especially if you plan to rent out the restaurant for the reception?

yeah I know i am so upset and now looking into new resorts- it just sucks because we spent all that time and money at Iberostar and now I feel like it was for nothing. My biggest thing is that it is the EXACT same contract that Leah22 sent me (same revision date and all) except there is a little sentence squeezed in there. So basically they just added it in. I hope no one else is having this problem. Def check with the suites contract because they are being really sneaky and I don't want anyone else to have issues...

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Did you attend any of the nightly shows? I think the 8:30 reservation slot is our best bet as the sun wont even be fully down by 8:30 and I dont want to rush if we do an all day excursion, but I am afraid that we will miss any of the fun nightly things.

We went to karoke which takes place on Wednesday nights at the Suites.  The Suites had another show that we missed, but looked like a lot of fun.  We were just coming from dinner and missed it.  How long will you be there?  

Originally Posted by allieplask View Post

I was just married on June 8th, we have been planning for about 2years, and it was 90% for us. So i just told all my guests they had to stay at the Grand. TRUST ME, it is so much easier that way!! My cousin and her bf stayed at the beach due to money issues and it was a MAJOR hassle to even see them the whole week. 

We are staying Tuesday through Sunday and having dinner at 8:30pm each night, except for Saturday when we have 7pm reservations.

We went to karoke which takes place on Wednesday nights at the Suites.  The Suites had another show that we missed, but looked like a lot of fun.  We were just coming from dinner and missed it.  How long will you be there?