Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Lezlie...two months and you're wanting to pull out...WOW...that's gutsy girl...the customer service could be much better but i've stayed at plenty of resorts in jamaica and i consider iberostar rose hall to be the best...its the ONLY resort i wanted to return to...so, chalk up the laissez faireness to 'island time' and move forward.  there are alot of brides on this site who've had their weddings at iberostar rosehall suites, grand and even the beach that were very happy.. do a couple of 'woo sahs' and keep it moving...i'm sure everything will fall into place...  take care and happy planning!  msnwink.gifR~

Lezlie,

I am getting married next Feb 03, 2012! I know its along ways away considering yours is in 2 months.....I am asking my travel agent to handle the free wedding package deal! Way to stressful for me......I also said I would pay the cancellation fee if it meant me getting the free wedding package. I just find this silly as I just booked with the Iberostar when the free wedding package went up! Let me know what you come up with for this free wedding package thing.

I am planning on renting out the Port Maria for the reception. I am not really picky on the decor as the location of being in Jamaica is beautiful enough! As I said my sister got married at the Riu in Ochos Rios and had her reception in an outside restaurant similar to the Port Maria. She did not bring any decorations, except her bridal bouquets the girls all had and hers, as well as she used the gazebo flowers for the wedding party table. I think the only thing she made for the tables was the name cards with the umbrellas in them and that was it! The place was beautiful!! Little is sometimes more......

Lezlie, I think your wedding will be beautiful at the Grand! Your last final months are coming to the end......once you get to the resort and your in person with the wedding coordinators, you will feel much better! I cant wait to hear how everything turned out for you, and hopefully get to see some pics!

I am booking my photographer with Stacey Clarke, who has been so prompt and efficient with me! I have been trying to get quotes from Tai flower for almost over 2 months now.....I think I will be looking else where now!

My family and my travel agent keep getting upset with me, because I am stressing out so much with these extra costs, and the shitty customer service! I do believe in Island Time, but I also believe that a paying bride she be treated with a bit more respect and courtesy. The resort and flower company keep addressing that my wedding is not for another 8 months or so.....like I am being a crazy bride, trying to figure costs and things out!! My travel agent said that if I have any further concerns or questions that she will be in touch with the resort for me......I just don't like being out of the loop, I am more of a hands on gal!

Let me know what you finally come up with as far as your location for ceremony, and reception? also how things worked out for the free wedding package, I am very curious!

PS. You might happen to know this? Does the resort provide you with the bamboo 4 post wedding arch or do you have to pay for this as well? I am planning on doing our wedding ceremony on the beach....

Aprilcheers.gif

OMG so kool... one day after mine! How kool!! Let me know if you want to go in on splitting any deco. We are getting back into the planning thing, since we just recently moved. Of course from day one of the engagement I was OBESSED with this site, so I have so many ideas. I am in the process of creating my MIB invites and am setting a goal to get them out in the beginning of June.

Please keep in touch throughout the process, so we can share ideas! I am so excitedwink.gif

Good luck Planning!!! Our weekend is going to be full of two FABULOUS weddings!!

Originally Posted by susan1672 View Post

My wedding will be on the following day! June 9th, 2012!!! Woohooo! So excited : )

How much progress have you made so far? I thing I will be sending out my save the dates next weekend!

Hey April,

No bamboo arch. I wish they did! I asked Janielle about this and she said no just the basic white arch. I would not mind chipping in with mulitple brides to buy a bamboo arch for them to keep at the resort, so we could all use it. Not sure if they would do that for us though.

Good luck!

Shannon

Originally Posted by April Blossom View Post

Lezlie,

I am getting married next Feb 03, 2012! I know its along ways away considering yours is in 2 months.....I am asking my travel agent to handle the free wedding package deal! Way to stressful for me......I also said I would pay the cancellation fee if it meant me getting the free wedding package. I just find this silly as I just booked with the Iberostar when the free wedding package went up! Let me know what you come up with for this free wedding package thing.

I am planning on renting out the Port Maria for the reception. I am not really picky on the decor as the location of being in Jamaica is beautiful enough! As I said my sister got married at the Riu in Ochos Rios and had her reception in an outside restaurant similar to the Port Maria. She did not bring any decorations, except her bridal bouquets the girls all had and hers, as well as she used the gazebo flowers for the wedding party table. I think the only thing she made for the tables was the name cards with the umbrellas in them and that was it! The place was beautiful!! Little is sometimes more......

Lezlie, I think your wedding will be beautiful at the Grand! Your last final months are coming to the end......once you get to the resort and your in person with the wedding coordinators, you will feel much better! I cant wait to hear how everything turned out for you, and hopefully get to see some pics!

I am booking my photographer with Stacey Clarke, who has been so prompt and efficient with me! I have been trying to get quotes from Tai flower for almost over 2 months now.....I think I will be looking else where now!

My family and my travel agent keep getting upset with me, because I am stressing out so much with these extra costs, and the shitty customer service! I do believe in Island Time, but I also believe that a paying bride she be treated with a bit more respect and courtesy. The resort and flower company keep addressing that my wedding is not for another 8 months or so.....like I am being a crazy bride, trying to figure costs and things out!! My travel agent said that if I have any further concerns or questions that she will be in touch with the resort for me......I just don't like being out of the loop, I am more of a hands on gal!

Let me know what you finally come up with as far as your location for ceremony, and reception? also how things worked out for the free wedding package, I am very curious!

PS. You might happen to know this? Does the resort provide you with the bamboo 4 post wedding arch or do you have to pay for this as well? I am planning on doing our wedding ceremony on the beach....

Aprilcheers.gif

You can use the bamboo hoopa, I believe it costs $250 to rent.

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 View Post

Hey April,

No bamboo arch. I wish they did! I asked Janielle about this and she said no just the basic white arch. I would not mind chipping in with mulitple brides to buy a bamboo arch for them to keep at the resort, so we could all use it. Not sure if they would do that for us though.

Good luck!

Shannon

ladies, I need some help. I am getting married at the Grand on July 30 and having some troubles hearing back from the resort...Does any one know the dimensions for the tables. I am still trying to decide between the presidential table set up vs the round table set up. I want to buy my lines before getting out there but want to get the right size...please help me...thanks

Hey ladies I wanted to post this here to see if I would get some more responses!

Ok ladies so I have a concern. With all the great reviews that Rashel Edwards (the makeup artist) is receiving I will feel like a fool if I do not book her for my wedding. Especially since she does airbrush and false lashes. I heard that the spa at Iberostar does not apply false lashes, (that makes no sense to me) and I HAVE to have my lashes lol. However, I do not know about the other 2 hotels but the Grand package includes make up with it.

I feel like to pay for her to come and do my makeup and for her travel would be crazy because I am already paying for it in the package. Especially since I have already upgraded or am not using a lot of the things that come with the package, for example: I am bringing my own photographer and videographer, I am not using any flowers included in the package, I am getting married on the staircase so I will not need the huppa are the flowers included with it, and I am paying extra for chavri chairs :(  What do I do?   

So, I was thinking maybe I could use my make up session for the TTD the next day and just make sure to use waterproof makeup. How does that sound? Do you think the wedding coordinator would go for that? 

Also, since I am not using digipix and I was already told that I cant get refunded or have something extra for that part of the package, I was thinking about using them to take pictures of one of my guest. Her birthday is the day after the wedding and I do not want her to feel like I forgot about her on her birthday. So maybe the could come and take some pictures of her and her husband and she can pick 12 and have them, instead of me just saying oh no I do not need your service. lol  Do you think the resort will go for that? Sorry I have so many questions but paying $3000 for this package and not using all of it is really killing me.

Thanks for your help ladies!

Another question, does Tai Flora really take into consideration that we are upgrading our flowers when we order something that is not in the package or do they just quote us the regular price? Just thinking!

LaToya