Photo

How to liven up a small basement apartment?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 hsims1

hsims1
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

Window treatments and paint. Since you are in an apartment, you might not be able to repaint the whole place, but even an accent wall with a color that pops could make a huge difference. I alway go on the HGTV rate my space page for inspiration.

#12 hsims1

hsims1
    • 356 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

Window treatments and paint. Since you are in an apartment, you might not be able to repaint the whole place, but even an accent wall with a color that pops could make a huge difference. I alway go on the HGTV rate my space page for inspiration.

#13 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
      • 583 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

Actually putting the plans into the computer would be awesome!! I've been drawing it out on a piece of paper and trying to re-arrange it. Not good lol I didn't know I could get a free one, that's awesome, thanks!!

I was thinking of some new curtains or something like that, I was also thinking about the little mini wall-paper things, I think they're called wall pops or something, and they apparently come off really easily, has anyone tried those?

#14 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:48 AM

I have them for my daughters room, but haven't put them up since we're still working on her room. But they are supposed to be able to reapply over and over.

#15 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
          • 583 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

I think they'd be cute as a little accent on a wall, or a border around the room or something. Anything to get rid of these all white walls lol I have a few pictures up, but it doesn't hide the fact that the entire apartment is drab-white.

#16 sdnative222

sdnative222
            • 136 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

I'm addicted to HGTV. They always suggest using lighter colored furniture to give the room more visual space. Try using some of your vertical space too. Try window coverings to create the illusion of height in the room. If you can draw your eyes up by creating visual interest, you create an illusion that the room is larger than it is.
              Jocelynn and Shawn
              Got Maui'd on November 8,2008
              http://www.thebump.c....step=5&radio=C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users