DW in Anguilla

jproch32

I wanted to start a thread about Anguilla, only because I didn't find much information on this forum about the island. We will be getting married there in April 2009, and could not be more pleased with the preparations. I've never been to Anguilla, so I'll be posting more information once we've experienced it ourselves.

We'll be married on the beach at Shoal Bay West (the western tip of the island = best sunsets). Afterwards, our small group will be having dinner at Trattoria Tramonto, a very romantic Italian restaurant (www.trattoriatramonto.com).

I found an amazing photographer that has been so helpful! Her website is inspiring, SUSAN CROFT PHOTOGRAPHY & DESIGN. I could go on and on about how great she's been, but I'll wait until after the big day - then I'll SHOW you.

We've found that Anguilla is filled with privately owned homes that can be rented (fully staffed with housekeepers, chefs, etc) at very reasonable rates. Especially if split between some couples or families. Many have private pools, and are located right on the beach. You can visit VRBO is Vacation Rentals By Owner to check out rentals, and this is also a great website for finding rentals around the world.

There are good flights to Anguilla through San Juan, or you can fly to St. Maarten and take a ferry to the island, only 6 miles away.

Since we've been researching Anguilla, I've received nothing but RAVE reviews about the island. I'd love to hear any personal experiences from fellow DW brides.

At long last... another Anguilla DW bride!

I've been haunting this forum sporadically and we are few and far between!

Dang. I'm getting married at the Cuisinart... never thought about being on the west side to get the better sunsets!

(WAVES HELLO!)

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jproch32 View Post
We will be getting married there in April 2009, and could not be more pleased with the preparations.
It's APRIL 2009! When is your wedding? Any updates? Can't wait to hear all about it, I'm considering Anguilla too!

• 1 year later...

Hi - i know this thread is old, but just wondering what month everyone got married in Anguilla and time of day?  I  am getting married there in december, but have no idea what time of day would be best to get the best pics.... any advice?

Hi Janis,

Not sure I am going to be much help, but I'm getting married in Anguilla in May 2011. My wedding planner recommended a 5pm ceremony. By the time the ceremony finishes the sun should be starting to set, which apparently is a great time for photos.

Congratulations on your engagement by the way! Its fantastic to have another Anguilla bride on the forum - I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Hey Cabs, 

Thanks!  Congratulations to you too !    I didn't get a wedding planner b/c i figure i'm having a very small wedding - only 12 people total and did not want to spend the extra money - lol.  BUT i realize now that planners are very helpful when it comes to these little details. 

how far along in planning are you?   I am going with Susan Croft photography, and purple rose florist, food - i'm still getting details on....

we rented a 6-7 bedroom villa and i've never been there before so hopefully itis as nice as the pics seem.    Hope all your planning goes well and we'll have to exchange details!! :)  Good luck!

Hi ladies,

So happy I found this board. I'm interested in Anguilla as well and would love to know how you went about renting the villas. I've been doing research and came across some great hotels but a villa might be more cost affective. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks

hey bklynbridetobe!

im also in the NYC area :)  i honestly just looked at at couple of websites and just searched for Anguilla villas.  I knew i needed 6-7 bedroom and i wanted a private pool as well as beachfront so taht limited my search A LOT!  then i looked at prices and tried to find some reviews on tripadvisor or anywhere else for that matter.  i would have loved to stay at a hotel like viceroy or cap juluca, but then it was just too expensive for my family.  So for me it worked out so much cheaper with  villa that looks like it will be magnificent and then i am also going to hire a private chef to cook for us in the villa.  feel free to email me on this site for more details :)

Janis,  I just PM'd you.

My fiancé is actually from St. Maarteen and he has family that lives in Anguilla. Last time I visited both islands was well over 8 years ago but the one beach we visited in Anguilla (near Cap Juluca) was exquisite. This whole idea of us having DW is relatively new. 

We plan on going to back St. Maarteen within the next few months both to visit with family and to do a preliminary site visit.  The only con is that inclusive options arenâ€t realily available in Anguilla. I know my guests would prefer an inclusive option. So I'm also considering other islands like St. Lucia where all inclusive is the norm.

This whole business of planning a wedding is a tad frustrating, even for this event planner.