Sign in to follow this  
Myen

Any suggestions on how to accentuate the waistline in a wedding dress?

I love my wedding dress, but it doesn't define my waist at all. Here's a stock photo pic for reference:

http://www.alfredsungbridals.com/sty...s/5243Clrg.jpg

http://www.alfredsungbridals.com/sty...s/5243Flrg.jpg

Do you think a dark sash across the narrow part of the waist would work? My only concern is the bodice gathers up diagonally at the right hip, so a sash might throw off the asymmetry.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe a silk sash or some type of belt?

can you use a sash but have it tie off on the angled side? like instead of draping the sash down your back, have it drape down your side/hip?

I think you would look fine with nothing. the dress looks like it is empire of sorts. can you get it pulled in at the waist a tad bit. I think a sash would spoilt he beauty of the dress...

Have you had it altered yet? It's a really pretty dress as is, and I think if you had it really tightly pulled in at the waist it would accentuate the area enough. You don't want to be uncomfortable of course, but all the ruching makes it hard to just add something. You could try some different sashes and take some pictures for us, but also ask your seamstress since they often have lots of ideas purely from experience.

I agree with some others, I would get it nipped in at the waste or something if you want to accentuate your waist. I don't really think that the style of the dress would work with a sash, cuz like you said, the rouching is diagonal...