Photo

Hoping to Elope!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 *Casey*

*Casey*
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hi Lori... I so wish I could elope too! to the forum and CONGRATS!!!

#12 KatelynMarie123

KatelynMarie123
    • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

COngratulations! I think elopement is so romantic! It's nice when it is just the two of you.

#13 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

Congrats & Welcome Lori!! Great idea!! I agree with Tammy the planning would have been easier if its just for 2 :)

#14 Bridget810

Bridget810
        • 168 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

Ha, I had the opposite problem; everything that I found seemed like it was meant for elopements and not weddings with guests! (i.e., the wedding package was always for just 2). I know Sandals offers packages for elopements, and I found a lot of such packages when looking at St. John and St. Thomas in the USVI. Good luck!

#15 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
          • 698 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning!

#16 Raeyah

Raeyah
            • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

HI welcome to the forum !

I am a newbie too :)

My fiance and I are also looking to elope just the two of us and have been having a difficult time trying to image a package that is appropraite and memorable for only two people.... If you find things let me know - I'll do the same !!!! :)

#17 kiki317

kiki317
              • 162 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

Congratulations! My FI and I had the same plan. But i knew my parents would def. want to be there for it and i really want my Dad to walk me down the aisle. So it's just going to be our immediate family (about 12 people total).
                I originally wanted Dreams Punta Cana- then we decided on Cancun instead. Dreams has the "free" wedding package it includes flowers, a small cake) i think the legal fees are extra but you should check out their website.

Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury

Good luck!

#18 eloping789

eloping789
                • 290 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Raeyah
                  HI welcome to the forum !

I am a newbie too :)

My fiance and I are also looking to elope just the two of us and have been having a difficult time trying to image a package that is appropraite and memorable for only two people.... If you find things let me know - I'll do the same !!!! :)
                  I absolutely will and thanks!

#19 eloping789

eloping789
                  • 290 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Bridget810
                    Ha, I had the opposite problem; everything that I found seemed like it was meant for elopements and not weddings with guests! (i.e., the wedding package was always for just 2). I know Sandals offers packages for elopements, and I found a lot of such packages when looking at St. John and St. Thomas in the USVI. Good luck!
                    Thanks for the tip! I haven't investigated either of those locations much so I'll dig a bit deeper.

#20 kellywinter1

kellywinter1
                    • 305 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

Welcome to the forum and Congrats!!!!! I am eloping as well!

Our wedding is scheduled for a little more than a month away at Aventura Spa Palace. Originally we weren't planning to elope but rather a destination wedding that included every one we knew. But after financial issues and all the stress of making every one else happy we decided to elope.

I chose the Palace resorts due to their free package. I have found that most resorts who offer wedding packages seem to have a basic package that would work for an elopement. I was origianlly booked with Dreams, when we were planning a big wedding, but then when we decided to elope we went with Palaces because they offered a free package with out a stay requirement. A lot of resorts require you to stay a minimum amount of nights in a upgraded room to be eligible for a free package so beware you may end up saving more money by actually paying for a package.

I would suggest looking at Dreams Resorts, Palace Resorts as well as Sandals and Couples. Also talk to a travel agent. There are a lot of good ones on here. Tell them what you ar looking for and I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users