Photo

Help with Negril wedding location?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mellibean

mellibean
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

i know for sure i want to have my cermony in negril the beach is soo beautiful. what im stuck on in picking a location. i know for sure i dont want to get married a beaches or sandals because you cant bring your own photographer.
    i want to have an intemate cermony (maybe 2-4 people but not sure on that yet) on the beach or ocean view at a nice hotel with lots of photo opps on the grounds. can you gals give me some places to look at? if you have pics of your wedding that will help too! you can email me thanks!

#2 eastman2be

eastman2be
    • 49 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hi,

We just choose our resort and we are going with Coral Cove located outside Negril in Little Bay. You can bring your own photography and the grounds look amazing. It's a small B&B resort that's all-inclusive. Steve is fantastic to deal with and the trip adviser review are great. They've done several weddings. We haven't done a site visit but have done lots of research. PM me if you want additional information about it.

#3 Mastistyle

Mastistyle
      • 62 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

I am getting married at Moon Dance Villas-but they have a sister property that is on the beach., Moon Dance Villas.

Other options are The Caves or the Rockhouse (although this is on the cliffs).

Good luck!

#4 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
        • 227 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

We did Couples Swept Away on the beach, it was beautiful. We also had pics in the gardens, gazebo, and different beach locations within the resort. My pics are posted in the Reviews under NJ_Brides Pro Pics. Loved CSA! Just an FYI they changed their outside vendor fee to $500 but talk to your photographer, some will split this with you.

Good luck!

#5 big3n09

big3n09
          • 616 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

Trip advisor has several hotel options you may want to look there and further around on this site. The problem you may run into is your options are going to be limited since you want to bring you own photographer. Most places do not allow it because it's an insurance issue.
            4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#6 mellibean

mellibean
            • 69 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NJ_bride
              We did Couples Swept Away on the beach, it was beautiful. We also had pics in the gardens, gazebo, and different beach locations within the resort. My pics are posted in the Reviews under NJ_Brides Pro Pics. Loved CSA! Just an FYI they changed their outside vendor fee to $500 but talk to your photographer, some will split this with you.

Good luck!
              did your photographer do a split with you? do you know of any who can?

#7 mellibean

mellibean
              • 69 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

im looking to get married on the beach or cliff

#8 mellibean

mellibean
                • 69 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by big3n09
                  Trip advisor has several hotel options you may want to look there and further around on this site. The problem you may run into is your options are going to be limited since you want to bring you own photographer. Most places do not allow it because it's an insurance issue.
                  i know, but i have to have a good photographer. i seen the ai photographers work and it makes my stomach turn. im a photo hore! lol i love beautiful photos. i know some people dont care about the quality of their wedding pics as long as they have some shots of the ocassion, thats just not me.

#9 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                  • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

I'm going to Idle Awhile for my honeymoon- I visited the property in September and it is so cute! It's only 14 rooms, but it is private and just so cozy... if I was having a small beach wedding, I'd totally go there.

Here are some photos from a wedding there: Negril Jamaica Weddings Photo Gallery - Sharon and Justin

#10 tangles66

tangles66
                    • 26 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

Wow those are some GREAT photos!! Were these taken at Idle Awhile?? I have seen this resort and always thought it looked cute.
                      Mary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users