• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

Hello all,

I totally fell in love with a Lazaro dress but it is $3,500. That just does not git in my budget, no matter what I do! Anyway, I was thinking that I could probably get it made for much less, but I only found 2 seamstresses in my area. I have been in contact with both of them, but haven't met them yet to view their work. Does anyone know of any dressmakers in the Philadelphia or Allentown, PA area?

Thanks!
    Carly

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

I forgot, I meant to post a link to the pic...
      Lazaro - Bridal Gown - 3664

#3 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
      • 466 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

Beautiful Dress. I did the same thing fell in love with a Lazaro @ $3,800 (yea right) and am having my seamstress recreate it plus and minus a couple of things. Too bad your not in Chicago.

#4 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

My son has a tailor on 4th and South I dont know if he does bridal gown though if you want the information I can forward it to you

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

i forget when your wedding date is - but if you have time, you can always keep an eye on the sites that sell "once wed" gowns. that's what i did w/the lazaro that i fell in love with. i never did find it and ended up forking over more $$ than i ever thought i would - but i love my dress!

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

Do you know of any "once wed" sites? Cuz I totally don't mind buying it worn already. I am about to say, screw it and get it and sell it as soon as the wedding is over. My wedding is supposed to be in Feb08 in Jamaica, but encountering some issues. I am going to post in the Jamaica section in a few...

#7 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

I know a woman in Wilmington, DE who makes custom dresses (based on designer dresses). PM me if you want her phone #

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                  Do you know of any "once wed" sites? Cuz I totally don't mind buying it worn already. I am about to say, screw it and get it and sell it as soon as the wedding is over. My wedding is supposed to be in Feb08 in Jamaica, but encountering some issues. I am going to post in the Jamaica section in a few...
                  this is a little late, so you may already have your answer, but check this thread out ...

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1828

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

Definitely not too little too late! Thanks, I am bookmarking that thread, so I can research later. I just got a new job, so I don't have the time I would like to peruse this site yet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users