Photo

Forum Robots - Rant

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

I get annoyed with that too. I purposely always put something personal towards the newbie if I welcome them so it might mean a little more to them.
    I can see why they do it though, because they are told to post, post, post to participate. That's the easiest way for sure!
    Photography by Tamm's Photos
    http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#12 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be
      I get annoyed with that too. I purposely always put something personal towards the newbie if I welcome them so it might mean a little more to them.
      I can see why they do it though, because they are told to post, post, post to participate. That's the easiest way for sure!
      Well and to be clear, we don't encourage people to post meaningless things, we encourage interaction and participation. So while "post, post, post"-ing may get done, it isn't what the forum is about.

#13 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
      • 687 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by carly
        Well and to be clear, we don't encourage people to post meaningless things, we encourage interaction and participation. So while "post, post, post"-ing may get done, it isn't what the forum is about.
        I completely agree!
        Photography by Tamm's Photos
        http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#14 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:55 AM

Totally agree with everyone ~ I too have noticed that many newbies introductory post include questions that often get ignored. If possible, it's always a nice touch to personalize and truly give a warm welcome!!!

#15 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:01 AM

I agree, I think its definitely nice especially as a newbie to have a more personal response. Although I admit there are alot of newbie posts that just say "just got engaged wedding at ...... on ....." w/ nothing personal about them or their planning.

Generally unless I'm familiar w/ the location or its the same wedding date as me, or they live near me I will only post congrats and welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users