What are the Random Things Your FI/DH put his foot down about**

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Don't ask me you'd know what i'd say lol

I've had plenty of those moments but some things you have to stand firm on lol I've got a get out for you lol try this:-

But it is supposed to mean my family is giving you to your family so how can that happen if its your family giving me away lol

I personally think thats a get out of jail card lmao

#42 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

right! it is absolutely supposed to be someone "giving you away" to your fiance and his family, and therefore shouldn't be someone from his family. good call, harty! i know lots of people who had their mothers give them away, my niece had my dad (her grandfather) give her away, etc. it should be someone you're close with ... whatever will be most meaningful for YOU.

here's an idea: tell him you want your cousin to give you away, but offer to do the "father/daughter" dance with his dad! maybe that will help appease him and the groomzilla horns will go away?

#43 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
      • 826 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

Okay, first off, the DONKEY would be awesome. My FI and i don't drink beer beer...but bitch beer....so maybe it would have that instead.

Second....the ONLY thing my FI is adament about is sending out announcements BEFORE the wedding. I don't want to, but it's the only thing he has requested.

Unlike everybody else's FI mine doesn't want to wear shoes....he wants to feel the sand in his toes! And so do I, so I'm fine with that.

http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
        My Babies
        "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
        it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
        http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

#44 teacherbride

teacherbride
        • 354 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

My DH will NOT have me wearing the original dress at our AHR. I'm okay with that but I was surprised he cared so much. He thinks it's just "weird".

Shoes and music were also on his list.

#45 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

here is the only pie pic from the wedding I went to we could find.

http://www.amelialyo..._derr/as030.jpg

#46 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
            • 226 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

I originally wanted to have a backyard wedding at my parent's house with a whole selection of pies. I don't really like cake but LOVE pie. :) The destination wedding was my FI's idea, and I wasn't about to turn it down!!
              Danielle & John
              Aventura Spa Palace
              October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#47 Cattie

Cattie
              • 594 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:40 PM

The most random thing he put his foot down about was the food quality at the AHR. Other then that, it's been whatever I want for everything. I do ask his opinion, and I get the "yeah thats cool/yeah thats nice" everytime!!

#48 Jenn79

Jenn79
                • 625 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

My husband is a bit of an Excel junkie, does EVERYTHING he can think of in an Excel spreadsheet, so for him, he was all about making sure every detail was documented in a spreadsheet of some kind. Fine by me, I hate Excel and if he wanted to take on the task it was all his.

I didn't notice it at the time, but he was also pretty picky about the shoes. He arranged it so that he and his two groomsmen wore the same brown sandals. They looked very nice, but i just didn't put as much thought into it as he did.
                  Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                  Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                  "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#49 Virg

Virg
                  • 684 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

If were getting hitched in Mexico i would DEFINTELY put my foot down for the donkey!! TOO CUTE!!
                    Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#50 sarafish81

sarafish81
                    • 353 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

My FI freaked out this morning about how everyone coming to the wedding should know what color my MOM is wearing to the wedding!!
                      I know his mom would like to coordinate it so she doesn't clash with my mom (which I totally get) but now he's telling me that we need to parade around a picture of my mom's dress to his best man's wife as well as his sisters. I spoke with his sisters last week and they asked if they could wear sundresses, which I was totally fine with. I let them know that our bridal party would be in royal blue, in case they didn't want to be matchy-matchy. But now he's telling me that his sisters are confused (did I mention that he has not talked to them about this) and that everyone needs to be aware of my mom's color palette....ARGH!!! LOL so stupid. We worked it out of course but I just thought it was ridiculous....we both love to be in control and hate it when the other plays "fire marshall" as we call it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users