Photo

What are the Random Things Your FI/DH put his foot down about**

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 drtracy

drtracy
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

Can you ask if the sombrero can hold chips and salsa? I saw that on TV or in a movie or something, there were little people wearing sombreros with chips and salsa walking around a party and people ate out of their hats. I think a donkey with beer, chips and salsa would be AWESOME!

#32 Sloan

Sloan
    • 1,279 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:26 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be
      Our resort offers a mexican cocktail party complete with a live donkey with a sombrero, whom also carries ice cold beer in it's saddle().
      From day one he has said absolutely not. I think it would definitely be a surprise for guests and make for some good photos, but I'm alright with letting him have this one thing!!!

Best. Idea. Ever.
      Had I known that we could have a beer donkey at our wedding, we for sure would have gotten married at Azul Sensatori, rather than Jamaica. Hands down. No discussion. LOL!

#33 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

Sloan- I second that! I have been telling FI about beer donkey and he agrees. It should be part of every wedding.

ha ha ha ha

#34 Cattie

Cattie
        • 594 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:25 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be
          Our resort offers a mexican cocktail party complete with a live donkey with a sombrero, whom also carries ice cold beer in it's saddle().
          From day one he has said absolutely not. I think it would definitely be a surprise for guests and make for some good photos, but I'm alright with letting him have this one thing!!!
          No one else immediately thinks of Clerks 2 and The Donkey Show? I'm not sure, but I think I might be a little freaked out having a donkey walking around handing out beer!! LOL

#35 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cattie
            No one else immediately thinks of Clerks 2 and The Donkey Show? I'm not sure, but I think I might be a little freaked out having a donkey walking around handing out beer!! LOL
            LOL kinky kelly and the sexy stud!

#36 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
            • 687 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Cattie
              Oh no, we don't need any interspecies erotica!
              I knew you all would enjoy our donkey disagreement. I'll have to let him know that BDW has voted yes and his thoughts on the subject are insignificant.
              Photography by Tamm's Photos
              http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#37 *Lo*

*Lo*
              • 2,993 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

OMG this thread is too funny! My FI was really cool with having a small DW...but he was REALLY adament on having an AHR. Little did I know, this was just revealed recently, that he wants to invite EVERYONE we know/have ever known to this AHR, so that "everyone can celebrate with us". I had him make a list and it was over 400 people. He feels very strongly about this.

So I revised plans, and decided we'd invite more people to our DW. (by no means 400 though). And I am making no mention of the AHR with the advice of some forum members, most likely when the time comes, there is no way he'd ever organize such an event, let alone want to pay for it! So if he brings it up I change the subject and pretend it was never mentioned :)

#38 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

FI cared adamantly about the music, men's shoes and who walked me down the aisle. I am very close to my cousin and in place of my dad (who due to a disability can't make it) asked him to do it. He flipped so I will let his dad walk me down the aisle...

#39 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                  • 2,262 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by YoursTruly
                    FI cared adamantly about the music, men's shoes and who walked me down the aisle. I am very close to my cousin and in place of my dad (who due to a disability can't make it) asked him to do it. He flipped so I will let his dad walk me down the aisle...
                    Isn't that your choice?

#40 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                    • 1,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hey Harty!! LOL It totally is my choice. And I SHOULD have anyone I want. But when i said that he went from a normal laid back FI to the Groomzilla (comlpete with red forks coming out his head and a tail), I said to myself, "tell me how you really feel!!" It is one of those cases where I am still mulling over the situation in my head. Do I rock the boat and we start out pissy on honeymoon or do I let him win this one!!! Grrrr...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users