Is Blue Tulum Going Gay???? to book or not to book?

Hi so I want to book with Blue Tulum for my wedding...I have been asured by the resort via my travel agent that They will not be catering to an alternitive life style and the definatly will not be clothing option. But while looking for more pics of the resort I found this wed site that says as of april 15, 2009 they will be...Kind of Importent info..How do I find out for surehuh.gif

heres the link to the report of it changing

2009 January 15 : Interline Travel News

"Blue Tulum Resort in the Mayan Riviera orginially planned to change to 100% gay and lesbian resort on April 15, 2009. However due to the continued economic downturn combined that their unyielding commitment to making these changes at the highest possible standards has led them to alter their plans.

This shift will now be undertaken in stages. The first stage will extend throughout all of 2009, during which they will offer a total of 8 weeks devoted exclusively to gay and lesbian travel – eight weeks for gay male groups, two weeks for lesbian groups, and two weeks a special gay Spring Break celebration.

These 8 exclusively gay and lesbian travel periods will feature a variety of special themes targeting singles and couples with 100% clothing optional packages, as well as gay and lesbian families with kids, weddings and more.

Those weeks are:

Family Gay - Jul. 11 - 18, 2009 and Nov. 7 - 14, 2009

Men Only - Apr. 18 - 22, 2009, Sept. 26 - Oct. 3, 2009 and Dec. 5 - 12 , 2009

Women Only - Jun. 13 - 20, 2009 and Oct. 17 - 24, 2009

Latin Fever Week - Aug. 29 - Sept. 5, 2009

For interline rates and more information on these weeks or any other time in the year for Blue Tulum Resorts contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 or in the DFW Area call metro 817 481-8631 or go online to www.interlinetravel.com."

Help have to book soon

exactly!! But the clothing optional posiblity is what really bothers me..and there will definatly be a clothing optional spring break there in march this is all a little much for me, all I would be able to think about is that some one sat here naked before me ha!....Decided I'd just book with dreams Tulum at least I know whats going on there

I was going to have my hotel room block and my welcome dinner at the hotel. I understand that they sold the property, that they were going to cater to gay and lesbian couples, and then they changed their mind. However in the interim we canceled our hotel block. The hotel is beautiful and a great deal but they were very very difficult to deal with. It made me nervous because they lost people's faxes, didn't respond to emails, didn't know who had booked. Honestly, it may turn out to be a great place for a wedding if they get their sh**t together but in the meantime you would probably be safer choosing a hotel that is tried and true.

• 3 months later...

I was there in January 2009, and the person who took us through had mentioned that this venue was going to start catering to the gay/lesbian crowd. It's definitely something to consider. It's a beautiful location, however, and I believe the only AI on that stretch of beach in Tulum.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hotel signage is down, 100% official.  This hotel is undergoing a transformation.    We know the former director of marketing and sales who moved on to open another Playa Mujeres hotel, very near to La Amada and Exc Playa Mujeres hotels.  

As a hotel is taken from the non gay crowd, a new hotel opens to "any crowd"...  http://villapalmarcancun.com/villaSuites  IN fact, we had a meeting with Villa Palmar and was told that soonish (i bet now) they are selling rooms at discount pricing as the hotel does some transformation during the building out process.   They will be doing weddings there, hopefully soon!

Angela, the former Blue Tulum coordinator is also one of our personal friends.  At breakfast last week, she told us she still lives in the hotel and they are under opteration for the full switch, the Gay community is now their new target demographic for sales, confirmed. This hotel is going through a very expensive process of branding change and demographic change, its like a rebirth.

Problem is, Blue has done this like 3 or 4 times in the last handfull of consecutive years.  Dang yall, can you get something together so the folks don't loose our minds :)

Espero algo bien :)
Cheers!
matt