Turkey wedding

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Peachy

Peachy
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hi all,

We're getting married in Turkey in September 2011. Although the wedding is a while away yet, we're spending time saving for it. I've started to gather my ideas together and I'm hoping to make a few things which is a good thing I'm starting early!

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#3 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
      • 698 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Welcome to the forum and that's awesome that you are getting an early start... I kinda wish i would had done the same!

Happy planning.

#4 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

i think it's amazing that your wedding is in turkey! do you or your fiance have family there? my fiance went to turkey this past may for 10 days with school and *loved* it ... he swears we'll go there together some day!

a tiny "evil eye" can be your "something blue" ... those things are *everywhere* in turkey! :)

best of luck with your planning (and money-saving!) ... whoever attends is going to have the trip of a lifetime!

#5 calchik

calchik
          • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

congrats and welcome to the forum!
            i'm sure you'll find lots of help and ideas here

getting married in turkey would be fantastic and so different than your typical beach wedding
            we're honeymooning in turkey in june. i can't wait!

#6 angel1416

angel1416
            • 166 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
              Amanda & Michael
              Puerto Penasco, Mexico
              Summer 2010

#7 ehegwer

ehegwer
              • 139 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:43 AM

Wow, that's going to be an amazing wedding - So many different traditions and customs. I'm so excited for you.

#8 Peachy

Peachy
                • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:36 AM

Awww thanks everyone. Neither of us are Turkish, we were going to go to Santorini but it wasn't quite what we were looking for when I started looking into it. I fell in love with Turkey from the breath taking pictures and the rave reviews I'd seen on the Internet. I'm trying to hold myself back a bit from the planning as I'd have it all done by the end of the year if someone let me plus we had the money! I think it is going to be fun making invitations and favours!

#9 kayr

kayr
                  • 149 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

Hello Peachy,

Welcome to this fantastic forum. We're getting married in Turkey too!! Where abouts are you getting married? We're getting married in Kalkan in 2010 and finding this forum has just been so useful and its great for getting your wedding 'fix' when your family and friends aren't that interested because there's a long time to wait.
                    Enjoy.
                    Kay

#10 kayr

kayr
                    • 149 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

Hello Peachy,

Welcome to this fantastic forum. We're getting married in Turkey too!! Where abouts are you getting married? We're getting married in Kalkan in 2010 and finding this forum has just been so useful and its great for getting your wedding 'fix' when your family and friends aren't that interested because there's a long time to wait.
                      Enjoy.
                      Kay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users