Grand Pallidium Kantenah Wedding January 2010

Hi,

we are looking into having our wedding at the Kantenah as we just received a very reasonable quote from our travel agent.

However we also contacted them about the wedding date and were informed that they could not give us a date until late May because that is when City Hall apparently gives them their schedule. It bugs me to confirm and book this resort without even knowing we will get a date for sure. Has anyone made the same experience?

Anyone who got married there? We are looking especially into the dinner options as we will have a group of around 40 and don't want to pay a huge amonunt extra? Do they hold beach dinners?

Anyone who has pictures or any other kind of information I would greatly appreciate to know more before making the final decision on booking this resorts.

Thanks so much,

Julie

Hey Julie,

Grand Palladium is one of my top choices too, but I got the same response when I emailed them for 2010 availability. I want to send my save the dates soon and cannot do that until the location is 100% confirmed.

I'm going to try and put a little more pressure on them, but if we have to wait until May, I'm going to move on to another resort.

Citydryms

I am suprised they couldn't confirm a date one year out. We booked our wedding only about 10 months out with them.

We are doing a private reception at La Laguna at the White Sands lobby. We are paying an extra $45-55/person (depending on menu choices). You also have to pay $20 per person for the ceremony (over 8 pol). You can opt to do your reception in the a la carte, such as Portifino for free (included in wedding package apx $2000), but you can't have more than 45 ppl or something like that.

They don't do beach dinners, there is a organized bbq on Friday nights though, so you could check and see if you could be seated there. Although, note it will not be a private event.

Check out other Palladium threads on here as well as the palladiumaddict.net site.

Happy planning and let me know if I can be of any further assistance. We are getting married there June 5, 2009.

Hey Citydryms,

I just sent them another email asking for anything that gives us a little more security. IT just sucks that we got a great quote on the prices now, but of course by May - who knows...prices may have changed again and may not be as great anymore. So moving on might be a good choice...we emailed with other resorts as well and some of them actually are already booked completely with their wedding dates (well the ones that would be interesting for us).

I will keep you posted if we hear anything positive back.

Too bad I guess...

Julie

Hello,

I am surprised that they couldn't book a date as well. However, if they are waiting for a schedule from City Hall, they are likely waiting to confirm the availability of a judge to marry you. We didn't even try booking our January wedding until June, so I don't know if this is common or not.

We got married there in January with a group of 17, so we went with one of the a la carte options for dinner (Portofino) and then went to Grand Azul for drinks/dancing (no one else had rented it out for their event - it wasn't private, but it didn't cost anything extra either). You do pay $20.00 per head for more than 8 people (extra chairs, service staff in restaurant, larger cake, etc). We chose to get married on the Kantenah beach. However, they also have 2 gazebo options available - one on/near the beach and one in the jungle. I concur with Hannah about checking out the other threads and Palladium addict site. I'll be posting pictures soon from our wedding. We have about half of them so far and are just waiting for the last batch from the photographer.

Good luck with your decision making/planning.

Jennifer

I vacationed there with my fiance 4 months ago and the property is beautiful... Alot of walking unless you dont mind waiting for the trains that come around 15 min. or so... All the restaurants connect to the lobbies by pathways through koi ponds & the river that runs through... it is alittle brown looking but the pools are very beautiful and at night the lights are romantic. Lots of food options but quality was so, so.... I went to couples negril the year before and food was awesome so thats what i compared to.

Hello,

I will be posting pictures soon. I'm just waiting for one last batch from our photographer. I have everything from getting ready up to the end of the ceremony.

The river that runs around the resort runs around the White Sands/Riviera section. I didn't notice it being swampy. It probably depends on the time of year that you are there and the water levels. We spent most of our time on the Colonial/Kantenah side. The property is beautiful, but huge. We loved it, but we love walking. I didn't even ride the train until at least 4 days into the trip. We didn't have any issues with the food. Our best meal was at La Adelita (Mexican) - Punta Emilia was also good.

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for posting the link to your pictures! They are beautiful :-)

Now that I have seen the pictures I have a few questions for you if you don't mind..

- Was the photographer a local one? What kind of package did you get, for how much?

- How much did you have to pay per person for the reception?

- And last but not least, I really liked your dress. Where did you get it from? I am looking for something similar to yours.

Thanks and

Congratulations again!

Julie