Photo

Secrets Capri vs. Secrets Maroma Beach

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lauraereed

lauraereed
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

I am considering Secrets Maroma Beach and Secrets Capri for my December wedding. Has anyone compared these two resorts or have any thoughts about one being better than the other? I know Secrets Maroma opened more recently than Secrets Capri. Thanks for your help.

#2 Mylee84

Mylee84
    • 287 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

I dont have any information but am looking at these two resorts for my honeymoon! Hopefully someone can help! =)

#3 beach2009

beach2009
      • 299 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:16 AM

Same here. We've been receiving a lot of communication and information from Cecila, the WC at Maroma. Haven't heard anything from Capri, after 2 requests for date availability. This has me worried about choosing Capri, although I can't say I've heard or read about anyone having a bad experience at Capri. It's an older resort so it appears more lush with the grown vegetation which I really like for photos. Yet Maroma seems to have THE beach everyone raves about. It's a hard decision, hope there are brides out there who can share their experience in choosing.

#4 kriztie707

kriztie707
        • 196 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

I am Secrets Maroma bride. My fiance and I were just there in December 2008 for vacation and feel in love with the resort. The beach was amazing and the staff are really friendly. We stayed in the preferred club oceanfront room and it has a wonderful beachfront view. We have only talked with the wedding coordinator there a couple times but she seemed very helpful to us. If you have any questions about the resort, please let me know.

#5 Simistar

Simistar
          • 645 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hey there!

I got married at Secrets Maroma in December...
            I've never ben to Secrets Capri though so I can't give you a comparison...

But here's a link to another girl's review of her wedding at Secrets Capri:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33723

And here's a link to my review of Secrets Maroma:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t34046

Maybe one these will help you decide:-)
            Good luck!

#6 beach2009

beach2009
            • 299 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

We decided on Secrets Maroma & just booked our package. It's such a relief to have that all sorted out. So looking forward to the big day!

#7 kriztie707

kriztie707
              • 196 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

Congrats! That must be so exciting. It is nice to have another Secrets Maroma bride on here. Good luck with all your planning!

#8 newyork6156

newyork6156
                • 89 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by beach2009
                  We decided on Secrets Maroma & just booked our package. It's such a relief to have that all sorted out. So looking forward to the big day!
                  Congrats!! You're wedding will be 2 weeks after me!

Attached Files

My Secrets Maroma Beach Wedding Review
                  http://bestdestinati....s maroma beach

#9 beach2009

beach2009
                  • 299 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

Thanks, and congrats to you too!
                    kirtze707 & newyork6156 - have either of you decided on your ceremony time & location?
                    We were thinking 4pm beach ceremony. Not sure if that would be too hot for July. Also we'll be doing our TTD photos right after on the beach. I think Jody had hers done on the beach resort & they were great.

#10 newyork6156

newyork6156
                    • 89 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

beach2009 - we are having the ceremony at 6pm. Cecilia had said this was a good time and that we would still have plenty of sunlight. Also, people are usually starting to get ready for dinner at that time so we would have a bit more privacy. I was concerned about the heat as well...we were there last July and it was HOT during the day. There is a nice breeze off of the water though.

We are not doing a TTD session, so we didn't have to consider time for that.
                      My Secrets Maroma Beach Wedding Review
                      http://bestdestinati....s maroma beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users