Calling any past Caves brides

jennie

Has anyone either gone or have any information abou the "Caves"?

We're planning on getting married in August 2009 and have yet to narrow it down to a particular resort. I found some pics. on trip advisor and the views look amazing, but i wanted to talk with someone that was there first hand.

We plan to be spending 2weeks total, so if anyone had any other suggestions on a DW please help!! I would be ok with splitting the time between resorts for the DW and Honeymoon.

My daughter, 8years old, will be attending the wedding portion for 3 days and then flying back with my sister....so that may limit us for the DW part. Other than that, we have a very small party attending.... 6 adults and us.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I guess not much feedback on the caves huh? I am planning on getting married there June 17th. I am hoping to get in touch with other caves brides too. I have a ton of questions. You probably have found out by now that there are no kids allowed. I think because it is dangerous because of all of the cliffs. I don't know if they make exceptions though. What have you decided? And have you gotten in touch with any other caves brides?

No, I haven't heard anything back yet from anyone. Hard to believe that no one's been there because the site looks so beautiful! I'm bringing my 8 year old and then she's going back with my sister, so we may stay there after the actual wedding. Our DW party is small.....9 people who are staying 4 days and we are staying for 2 weeks, so we don't mind changing resorts one time. I'm considering either the Rui or Beeches for the ceremony because of the child thing. I'm going to be meeting with a TA this Sat to get more info, so I'll def. be in touch to share it with you!

Yes. it is hard to believe. Well I guess since there is only 14 (I think) rooms/villas that it is a very small percentage compared to the others. But have you been to Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor, it has the most awesome reviews. The hotel section and the negril forum if you type in the caves. There is a lot of info. That is what convinced me. From what I read you can't go wrong. I just really wanted to hear from someone who has had a ceremony there. I read some reviews of people who have "gotten married" there but that was the only details that they gave...and that it was awesome. When are you going? We are booked in June 15-20th. I am sure you said in one of your posts but I am still not too good at navigating this site and am getting confused. That is cool that your 8yr is able to go to the ceremony. I have an 11yr old son and am feeling pretty guilty that he won't be a part of it. Part of me is thinking maybe I should just do justice of the peace here so he can be there. (A big wedding is out of the question). I don't know. But my dream is a beautiful setting like Jamaica in a dress flowing in the breeze though hmmmm, decisions decisions. He says he doesn't mind not being there but...who knows...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We are getting married at the Caves on June 13, 2009. We are staying for three nights in the Clandestino villa, which houses up to 8 people. This is the only accomodation on the property that will house children under 16. My step-daughter to be is 9. She and our parents will be staying with us in Clandestino, and afterwards, just the two of us are moving on to Couples Swept Away for the honeymoon. We have visited the Caves twice already, and it is sooooo beautiful. Most of our plans are finished now, and we can't wait for the big day. Best of luck to you!

-Eryn and Jeff

• 3 months later...

erynjeff613,

I am getting married at The Caves in May 2010. I would love to hear about your wedding and experience at the resort. We are staying in the Clandestino for 10 nights, 4 with our parents, and the rest we have the villa to ourselves. (Private pool- how could you go wrong?)

Please let us know how it went, and post pictures if you can!

Thanks,

Jessica

• 1 month later...

My post might be too late - but we visited the Caves last March/April. It was absolutely amazing. We wanted to get married there - but we have three grandmas coming to the wedding and we think it's too difficult to get there and once there, there are too many steps. We are sticking to Montego Bay for our wedding but planning on spending a few days back at The Caves before heading back to New York. The location is breathtaking - both the view of the ocean and the grounds. The staff is ridiculous. Seriously amazing. They are helpful, friendly, fun - and went above and beyond what we asked for. I have never felt so relaxed on vacation before. Happy to answer any questions if anyone has specific ones - but know, your wedding at The Caves will exceed your expectations.

I'm getting married at The Caves, April 1, 2010 - Yup April Fool's Day. Does anyone have pics or experience with a large group? Guests are not staying on property - too expensive. Any advise; tips; photos; etc. would be greatly appreicated. Having issues with wedding co-ordinator there, no answers.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by erynjeff613 View Post
Hi! We are getting married at the Caves on June 13, 2009. We are staying for three nights in the Clandestino villa, which houses up to 8 people. This is the only accomodation on the property that will house children under 16. My step-daughter to be is 9. She and our parents will be staying with us in Clandestino, and afterwards, just the two of us are moving on to Couples Swept Away for the honeymoon. We have visited the Caves twice already, and it is sooooo beautiful. Most of our plans are finished now, and we can't wait for the big day. Best of luck to you!

-Eryn and Jeff
Hi Eryn, how was your wedding? Congratulations and I hope it was all you dreamed of. Any pics you can post or comments on how everything went would be sooooo helpful. Getting married there next year. Thanks so much.
Olderbride