Photo

Do you put a return address on invites?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:39 PM

Just wondering if it is proper to put your address in the corners of your wedding invitations. I dont want to put it on the backs.
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
    • 391 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

I would you !! The mail can always get lost:)

#3 nibsmom

nibsmom
      • 564 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

I did! And good thing...I had one or two returned for bad addresses!

#4 pepper55

pepper55
        • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

Yes, you need it. The place that did our invitations put the return address on the back.

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

Yes you should... and you can do it on the front or the back!

#6 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
            • 475 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

I would...like others mentioned the mail gets lost. Also, I had a couple STDs come back. We purchased (for $36) an embosser so we can imprint the return addresses on the back of the envelope. It was cheaper than having the printer do it for us on the invitations and we also used it on the STDs.
              Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#7 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

Absolutely yes .. We had one returned bc I made a typo on the address. To save $$ instead of having our stationers do the addressing; we bought clear address labels from Staples and I made all the address labels myself. We put the return address on the back.

#8 lololola

lololola
                • 156 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

Jamaica0619--

When you purchased the embosser, I was just wondering how you put your names? Did you put your maiden name w/ your FI's name (ie Loren Banks & Drew Hunter) or did you have just one name as the return contact? Is it in poor taste to have your future last name on there already? What does everyone think about that?

Just wondering as we send out loads of cards and it would be great to have that as a tool later for Christmas, etc.

#9 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                  • 475 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lololola
                    Jamaica0619--

When you purchased the embosser, I was just wondering how you put your names? Did you put your maiden name w/ your FI's name (ie Loren Banks & Drew Hunter) or did you have just one name as the return contact? Is it in poor taste to have your future last name on there already? What does everyone think about that?

Just wondering as we send out loads of cards and it would be great to have that as a tool later for Christmas, etc.
                    The current plates for the embosser has both of our full names, mine with my maiden name. However, we choose to get it at Office Depot becuase thier embossers allow you to change the plates. So, once we are married, we can simply by new plates with the names updated, which is a lot cheaper than a whole new embosser.

I agreee that it will come in really handy during the wedding (STD, Bridal shower thank yous, and invitations) as well as after, which is why we wanted to be able to change the plates.

In terms of using your new name, it depends on how formal you want to be. Etiquette is you shouldn't use his last name until you are married. So, I stuck with my maiden name beceause I have older relatives that might have had something to say about it if I used his last name, and it is just easier to buy the new plates. I know it is my wedding, but sometimes it is easier to just go with what is expected.
                    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#10 lololola

lololola
                    • 156 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

Right on, I think we'll be heading over to Office Depot then! I appreciate you letting me know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users