Sign in to follow this  
Shay2679

Wanted to share 1st fitting with ya

I had my first dress fitting today...

I think it went really well...the dress fit excellent...needs a little adjust in the bust, but not too bad at all. Still have issues with my arms, but what I can I do?! I'm trying to slim them down!

cheesy.gif

I also cannot decide on veil...I tried on a bunch...and have narrowed it down to two...

Click the image to open in full size.

Without Glasses!

My alterations gal! The sweetest french lady ever!

Admiring a veil!

Semi-Chapel length, single layer ivory veil - simple, no beading...

Two layer ivory veil with gold stitching, scalloped edge and beading

TWO totally different veils...and I'm torn!

I actually love the chapel length veil, there is something nice about having a long one but...that being said I do think the shorter one is really pretty with the dress. I kinda feel you can't go wrong, they are both nice!

How exciting...you are getting married, can you believe it. Its now coming so close that you are actually trying on the dress for fittings thats pretty awesome! I am thrilled for you....You look great, I think that you are just self conscious of your arms and thats what you are focusing on. Everyone has their issues but not everyone notices them :) Anyone else have fitting pics yet?

So ironic that I found this "thread" . My daughter had an appt today for her first fitting but the seamstress had to cancel cuz we had a snowstorm and she didn't want to drive in the nasty weather. So instead Marie just tried it on for the first time since it was ordered (WE drove thru 6 inches of snow to get to the bridal botique--that was NOT fun ) Anyway, she looked so beautiful in her ivory dress and her veil is very similiar to your veil #2....I love the beading on it...sort of ties the whole look together.

The dress is amazing! It looks so good on you =).

I am torn on the veils; for my personal taste I like veil #1 because I am a big fan of simplicity and I think that it allows for your dress to take center stage. Veil #2 is stunning and goes very well with the dress.

No matter which you choose they both look great.