Black for a wedding.. honest opinion

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

Black is perfect, timeless, classic IMO. We had pink and black - the GM's and BM's all wore black and I loved the way our pictures turned out - no one was too hot, and I loved the classic look of it!

#22 darkblue

• 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

My cousin's colors were black and white with red roses. Her bridesmaids wore black dresses with a touch of white, and her mom wore a black and white dress as well. Granted, this was about 10 years ago, but it was still very classy... don't listen to your friend! :)

#23 beachbride08

• VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:21 PM

The first pictures of a DW that I saw had black BM dresses. They chose yellow flowers, but you could really do any accent color or a few colors. Plus, it would probably be nice for your BMs since most of them should already have a black dress if you don't care if the style matches and it will save them (or you) some money.

#24 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

New Sexy Lace Turquoise Dress Cocktail Black Evening M - (eBay.ca item 370166211042 end time 09-Mar-09 16:51:29 EDT)

New Sexy Dress Cocktail Evening Turquoise floral bow M - (eBay.ca item 260365969317 end time 03-Mar-09 13:33:53 EST)

Saw these great turquoise tea length dresses with black detailing on ebay and then lost it. Found it again finally but while I was looking for it again I found this jewelery. Even if you don't wear it for you wedding it might be nice for a rehersal outfit or stagette, or shower...

Unique Tibet black agate and turquoise necklace pendant - (eBay.ca item 200313420875 end time 02-Mar-09 04:33:10 EST)

Oh and this was cute too...a wedding ring pillow! I love these colors together! Wish I would've seen this before I had chosen mine!

Black and White with Turquoise Wedding Ring Pillow - (eBay.ca item 120330381215 end time 07-Mar-09 12:04:05 EST)

#25 sunnyee

• 112 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

I was also a little apprehensive about black until my MOH's and I went shopping last night. We found the greatest black cocktail dresses at Reitman's (Canada). They have a v neckline (front and back) sleeveless, empire waist detailing and a flowing skirt. Perfect for many body types. They were inexpensive (under $60) and they can be worn again! Our main colours were red and white so the black works in beautifully!

Go for black!!

#26 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

I think that it's perfectly fine! I am a bridesmaid in September and our dresses are black!

#27 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

I think it is a beautiful color, especally w/ tourquise. Just went to a beach wedding and the BM's dresses were black with hot pink beautiful flowers. Don't let black scare you it is a great color.
                Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#28 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

Black is a great way to set off your white dress.....

#29 meghan

• 832 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

I completely disagree that black can not be for a wedding. Soooo many bridesmaids have black dresses. I think it is classy, and I love the colour scheme in that picture you posted! I'm having turquoise has my colour and i'm thinking of adding black and silver now because it looks so stunning!

#30 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

One of my favorite aspects of our wedding was the incorporation of black. It is classic, streamlined and trendy. I definitely say go for it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users