Black for a wedding.. honest opinion

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 BillysBride

• 1,255 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:16 AM

Black is beautiful. tee hee..*ahem*

Anyway, yea..LOTS of brides use black as a color and it looks elegant and comes together very well. I see no problem with it. Besides, you're the bride...YOU CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT!

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
    http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#12 TinaM2b

• 445 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

A friend of mine had a Black and White wedding last spring. It was amazingly beautiful. It made it easy for the MOB, FMIL, and bridesmaids splurge a little because who doesn't need that perfect little black dress for special occasions.

And with only the one other color, the bride's white dress was even more beautiful!!

I really like the way you used your two colors in all your invitations.

#13 JulieG

• VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

Black is a very popular wedding colour, I was a BM in 2 weddings in 08 and one was black and pink and the other was black and white. It was nice because I got to wear black twice and I had an 8 week old and then a 2 month old, so I loved not wearing a bright colour.

#14 bellalucefoto

• 221 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

From a photographer's point of view, it sounds great. Expecially since you are getting married in Jamaica and everything is bright, the black will be a good contrast as an accent. We have photographed a few weddings with the bridesmaids in black and they were beautiful. So I vote go for it!

#15 Angel

• 2,635 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

I think black is perfectly fine. My colors are ivory, red and black. I say go with whatever you want. Black is becoming a very popular color in weddings now a days.

#16 LAURENANDBILL

• 391 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:48 PM

it looks great!! its ur day and its your opinion that counts!! :)

#17 Erin6341

• 298 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

I love your inspiration pics. Turquoise, black, silver and white look very classy stunning together. I say go for it. And like others have said... it's YOUR wedding, do what YOU want!

#18 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:34 PM

I think black will make a great accent color. We ended up with red, light blue and silver...but were considering using black instead of silver as an accent color at one point.
                  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#19 nikkib

• 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

Thank you so much for everyone who responded. I feel soooo much better now. You guys have no idea how much your responses meant to me.

#20 divadivine25

• 427 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:09 AM

Before seeing the pictures I wasnt for it but the trend of black and white plus a bright color is very chic! I considered black and white damask with accents of bright ppink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users