Sign in to follow this  
nikkib

Black for a wedding.. honest opinion

Black is beautiful. tee hee..*ahem*

Anyway, yea..LOTS of brides use black as a color and it looks elegant and comes together very well. I see no problem with it. Besides, you're the bride...YOU CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT!

A friend of mine had a Black and White wedding last spring. It was amazingly beautiful. It made it easy for the MOB, FMIL, and bridesmaids splurge a little because who doesn't need that perfect little black dress for special occasions.

And with only the one other color, the bride's white dress was even more beautiful!!

I really like the way you used your two colors in all your invitations.

Black is a very popular wedding colour, I was a BM in 2 weddings in 08 and one was black and pink and the other was black and white. It was nice because I got to wear black twice and I had an 8 week old and then a 2 month old, so I loved not wearing a bright colour.

From a photographer's point of view, it sounds great. Expecially since you are getting married in Jamaica and everything is bright, the black will be a good contrast as an accent. We have photographed a few weddings with the bridesmaids in black and they were beautiful. So I vote go for it!

I think black is perfectly fine. My colors are ivory, red and black. I say go with whatever you want. Black is becoming a very popular color in weddings now a days.

I love your inspiration pics. Turquoise, black, silver and white look very classy stunning together. I say go for it. And like others have said... it's YOUR wedding, do what YOU want!