Black for a wedding.. honest opinion

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 nikkib

• 65 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

So... I love the color turquoise for a beach wedding, and thats what I want my main color to be, but I also want to add hints of black, white and silver as well. When I had mentioned that to a friend, she was like "NO, you can not have black at a wedding, thats more for a funeral" So what do you think?

I added inspiration pics below

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 angel1416

• 166 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

Black is perfectly fine. My cousin got married 2 years ago with a black/pink/silver color scheme. They even asked all of the close family members to wear black so we could be easily identified. Needless to say, it looked great. Do what you like and don't let anyone bully you into changing your mind!
      Amanda & Michael
      Puerto Penasco, Mexico
      Summer 2010

#3 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

I'm getting married in black!! so from me tell your mate to bog off lol

I think black is lovely, its different and any colour goes with it

#4 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

My invites are black and turquoise and my best friends wedding party was in all black. Its not 1852 anymore, you can get married in any colour or have any colour you want.

#5 FutureMrsLewis

• 583 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I'm having fuschia and black, and back in 2005 my sister had red, black, white and silver, she even had black roses in her bouquet, and it was gorgeous :)

And my mom thought that black was just for funerals too and was appalled at my sister for choosing it, then she saw the ideas she had and how it all turned out and now thinks black is beautiful at weddings lol

#6 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

black is definitely fine, ESPECIALLY as an accent color! At funerals you're not going to see hints of black with turquoise, white and silver! I've seen many many wedding color schemes that include black and they always look classy and nice.

Show your inspiration photos to your friend and ask her what they make her think of...I seriously doubt she'll say funeral.

#7 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

I think the black will be gorgeous!!

I was at two weddings last summer and all the bridesmaids were in black tea length dresses and it looked so beautiful. It will look so nice as an accent color against the turquoise and the silver!

Go for it!!

#8 teacherbride

• 354 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

The black looks beautiful! I think it's such a classy addition, especially with the silver.

#9 1elephant

• VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

i like it. i say go for it.

#10 missdanelle

• 687 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:44 PM

i love black as an accent color, everything will look great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users