Photo

Is everyone doing a Sand Ceremony??

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 purrfected

purrfected
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

I love the idea of the shell or blessing stone ceremony. I like the idea of getting the guests involved!!!

#22 Danyelle

Danyelle
    • 368 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:13 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by purrfected
      I love the idea of the shell or blessing stone ceremony. I like the idea of getting the guests involved!!!
      Yes, getting the guests involved is an important part for me too. I think the blessing stone/shell is a nice way to do it without being too annoying and making my guests "work"

#23 H&F

H&F
      • 361 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

I don't think we're going to do a sand ceremony. While I think it looks pretty, I think my FI will feel silly doing it (just our personalities). I am thinking of getting some sand from the beach (before the ceremony) to take home with us to later put in a photo frame with a picture from our wedding. That way we can still have the memento, just not actually doing something during the ceremony with it.

I am looking into mexican wedding traditions for us to add to the ceremony instead.

#24 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
        • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:03 AM

We are doing the sand ceremony. I like the idea of having using some sand from where we got married.
          July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#25 kiki317

kiki317
          • 162 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by binzer
            This is going to sound really terrible, but to me, a sand ceremony is nothing more than pouring sand. I like the idea, but for some reason it just doesn't touch me in any sort of emotional way. I wish that it evoked some sort of emotional response in me because I think it's it's a fantastic concept and makes for a nice keepsake, but it doesn't do anything for me, so I'm skipping it!

When it comes to my wedding, I try to make a lot of my decisions based on what I feel emotionally (such as wedding songs). If the thought of a sand ceremony makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, I say go for it, but if you could care less it's probably not worth the expense.
            I'm with you on this. It's nice and pretty, but i just don't think it's necessary. and then it's one more thing for me to find a place for it at home (i hate clutter!)

#26 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
            • 712 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

I'm doing the West African Tasting Ceremony...

#27 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
              • 712 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

Yamille I like your idea as well. We may do this also but goodness gracious our wedding will be long with the tasting ceremony, jumping the broom and now possibly the shell ceremony. I wanted to do communion as well but I think that's out.

#28 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
                • 169 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:39 AM

I can understand why a couple would do the sand ceremony thing and include a a stepchild to symbolize the blending of the family, but for those of you who have done a sand ceremony or are planning to do one, would you include your kids you have together in this process or not?

Our two daughters will be in the wedding, but do they need to be included in the sand ceremony?
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#29 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BeachBride10
                    I can understand why a couple would do the sand ceremony thing and include a a stepchild to symbolize the blending of the family, but for those of you who have done a sand ceremony or are planning to do one, would you include your kids you have together in this process or not?

Our two daughters will be in the wedding, but do they need to be included in the sand ceremony?
                    they don't *need* to be included in the sand ceremony, but it could be very nice to include them. you would just need to figure out how to word things, ya know? or their inclusion could be as simple as carrying up the two containers that you and the groom pour into the main container.

#30 Alexis

Alexis
                    • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

We are going to do it, but where the heck do you buy a decent vase? I've looked everywhere!
                      Alexis Shumpes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users