Photo

Is everyone doing a Sand Ceremony??

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 binzer

binzer
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

This is going to sound really terrible, but to me, a sand ceremony is nothing more than pouring sand. I like the idea, but for some reason it just doesn't touch me in any sort of emotional way. I wish that it evoked some sort of emotional response in me because I think it's it's a fantastic concept and makes for a nice keepsake, but it doesn't do anything for me, so I'm skipping it!

When it comes to my wedding, I try to make a lot of my decisions based on what I feel emotionally (such as wedding songs). If the thought of a sand ceremony makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, I say go for it, but if you could care less it's probably not worth the expense.

#12 hsims1

hsims1
    • 356 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:16 AM

We still haven't decided yet either, but I am leaning towards doing a sand ceramony. I like the idea.

#13 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:46 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by binzer
        This is going to sound really terrible, but to me, a sand ceremony is nothing more than pouring sand. I like the idea, but for some reason it just doesn't touch me in any sort of emotional way. I wish that it evoked some sort of emotional response in me because I think it's it's a fantastic concept and makes for a nice keepsake, but it doesn't do anything for me, so I'm skipping it!

When it comes to my wedding, I try to make a lot of my decisions based on what I feel emotionally (such as wedding songs). If the thought of a sand ceremony makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, I say go for it, but if you could care less it's probably not worth the expense.
        it doesn't sound terrible at all. i think it's smart to chose the things that will be meaningful to YOU, and not just go with every preconceived notion of what a destination wedding is supposed to include.

for me, it isn't so much that that the mixing of sand touches me emotionally, but more that i would like another ceremony keepsake (without breaking the bank) and because i don't want my (legal) ceremony to be over in 5 minutes!

#14 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

I'm a little late to this, but we're doing a sand and shell ceremony. FI is pouring in sand and I'm pouring in shells.

#15 montegobay09

montegobay09
          • 832 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

We're not doing a sand ceremony...seemed like too much detail and then packing...not fun. It ddin't seem meaningful to us either. Instead we found something that was more appropriate and meaningful for us and we decided to do a hand ceremony instead... Sample Ceremony
            Here's a link for all the ceremonies

#16 montegobay09

montegobay09
            • 832 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

We're not doing a sand ceremony...seemed like too much detail and then packing...not fun. It ddin't seem meaningful to us either. Instead we found something that was more appropriate and meaningful for us and we decided to do a hand ceremony instead... Sample Ceremony
              Here's a link for all the ceremonies

#17 Danyelle

Danyelle
              • 368 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

We were going to do a sand ceremony, but I recently changed my mind on it.

We're hoping to do something cute that incorporates our guests. One idea I kinda like is giving everyone a "blessing stone or shell" where they give us a good wish or blessing and then we all throw the stone or shell into the ocean. Still not decided.

#18 yamille

yamille
                • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

We are NOT doing a sand ceremony. I do not need to carry anything else heavy down there and worry about bringing it back either. If you want another option- I am thinking about doing a "shell toss" . This is what I found on it briefly.

Blessing Shell Toss

While guests are arriving they are asked to choose a shell from our treasure chest. Each shell has a word of blessing and wishes for the couple etched onto it such as, Love, Trust, Happiness, and so on... At the end of the ceremony the Bride, Groom and Guests are directed to the waters edge and after a verse is read by the officiant, the couple counts to 3, and everyone tosses their blessing shell into the ocean together. Not only is it a special
                  photographic moment, but is another way for everyone in attendance to be
                  involved in this special day!

and a poem:

Blessing stone poem:
                  Each of our guest have been given a stone
                  To hold, bless and protect
                  Sam and Kelly ask that in your mind and heart
                  You pray that their marriage be blessed.
                  Come cast our stones into the sea, and as the ripples
                  Touch and intertwine with one another,
                  May our love also touch and intertwine
                  To spread love and good wishes to all around us!
                  May God bless us all!

#19 Danyelle

Danyelle
                  • 368 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

Thanks Yamille, you said what I was trying to say in a much prettier way!!

#20 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

Nope not doing it - more to pack and can't see the point but again its an individual thing really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users