Sign in to follow this  
YaelM

Is everyone doing a Sand Ceremony??

This is going to sound really terrible, but to me, a sand ceremony is nothing more than pouring sand. I like the idea, but for some reason it just doesn't touch me in any sort of emotional way. I wish that it evoked some sort of emotional response in me because I think it's it's a fantastic concept and makes for a nice keepsake, but it doesn't do anything for me, so I'm skipping it!

When it comes to my wedding, I try to make a lot of my decisions based on what I feel emotionally (such as wedding songs). If the thought of a sand ceremony makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, I say go for it, but if you could care less it's probably not worth the expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
This is going to sound really terrible, but to me, a sand ceremony is nothing more than pouring sand. I like the idea, but for some reason it just doesn't touch me in any sort of emotional way. I wish that it evoked some sort of emotional response in me because I think it's it's a fantastic concept and makes for a nice keepsake, but it doesn't do anything for me, so I'm skipping it!

When it comes to my wedding, I try to make a lot of my decisions based on what I feel emotionally (such as wedding songs). If the thought of a sand ceremony makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, I say go for it, but if you could care less it's probably not worth the expense.
it doesn't sound terrible at all. i think it's smart to chose the things that will be meaningful to YOU, and not just go with every preconceived notion of what a destination wedding is supposed to include.

for me, it isn't so much that that the mixing of sand touches me emotionally, but more that i would like another ceremony keepsake (without breaking the bank) and because i don't want my (legal) ceremony to be over in 5 minutes!

We're not doing a sand ceremony...seemed like too much detail and then packing...not fun. It ddin't seem meaningful to us either. Instead we found something that was more appropriate and meaningful for us and we decided to do a hand ceremony instead... Sample Ceremony

Here's a link for all the ceremonies

We're not doing a sand ceremony...seemed like too much detail and then packing...not fun. It ddin't seem meaningful to us either. Instead we found something that was more appropriate and meaningful for us and we decided to do a hand ceremony instead... Sample Ceremony

Here's a link for all the ceremonies

We were going to do a sand ceremony, but I recently changed my mind on it.

We're hoping to do something cute that incorporates our guests. One idea I kinda like is giving everyone a "blessing stone or shell" where they give us a good wish or blessing and then we all throw the stone or shell into the ocean. Still not decided.

We are NOT doing a sand ceremony. I do not need to carry anything else heavy down there and worry about bringing it back either. If you want another option- I am thinking about doing a "shell toss" . This is what I found on it briefly.

Blessing Shell Toss

While guests are arriving they are asked to choose a shell from our treasure chest. Each shell has a word of blessing and wishes for the couple etched onto it such as, Love, Trust, Happiness, and so on... At the end of the ceremony the Bride, Groom and Guests are directed to the waters edge and after a verse is read by the officiant, the couple counts to 3, and everyone tosses their blessing shell into the ocean together. Not only is it a special

photographic moment, but is another way for everyone in attendance to be

involved in this special day!

and a poem:

Blessing stone poem:

Each of our guest have been given a stone

To hold, bless and protect

Sam and Kelly ask that in your mind and heart

You pray that their marriage be blessed.

Come cast our stones into the sea, and as the ripples

Touch and intertwine with one another,

May our love also touch and intertwine

To spread love and good wishes to all around us!

May God bless us all!