Photo

DJ Doremixx vs. DJ. Mannia

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 sdtooley

sdtooley
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

I am so excited that I stumbled upon this board because I was contemplating the same thing about DJ Mannia. I really want to use an outside DJ, one that I know will keep everything going but with all of the other expenses, I wanted to find a reasonable cost. I am getting married at Dreams Tulum and I am really surprised that Dreams Tulum allows outside vendors but Dreams Cancun doesn't. I would have assumed that they would have the same policies, but I guess not.

Anyways I have emailed DJ Doremixx and I can't wait to hear back from him.

#22 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
    • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

he will get right back to you :-)
      I actually sent my TA my questions for Claudia and I am waiting to hear back.
      I didn't really "Ask" her if it was ok to have DJ Doremixx..I kind of said he is already booked and I then went on to ask about the Extra hour that I would like for my reception..LOL So we will see what happens :-) I'll definitely let you all know!!
      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#23 meli122

meli122
      • 269 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Can someone post dj doremixx email.
        thanks in advance.

#24 Gail

Gail
        • 358 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:52 AM

for anyone that already used mannia- did you provide complete list of songs? Not sure what he would play if I didn't
          Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#25 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
          • 1,236 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by meli122
            Can someone post dj doremixx email.
            thanks in advance.
            Here is his e-mail :-)

djcunmix@gmail.com
            Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
            My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#26 meli122

meli122
            • 269 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Thank you Philly. : )

#27 MajikDreams

MajikDreams
              • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Michelle613
                Ok I'm really pissed off b/c Claudia just told me no outside vendors! WTF?! I just begged her in my last email and said we'd pay the guest pass fee and everything. I'm really mad-this is the day from hell as it is. Lemme know what she tells you.
                That's really odd... I am getting married at Dreams Tulum and they had no issues with outside vendors. You might need to go over her head on this one.

Finally you have found something perfect, and, finally you have found yourself... with me." - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Dreams Tulum

#28 dc22173

dc22173
                • 240 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

I got an email from Cecilia, the girl who took over Gaby's job, and she said that they do not have a contract with Doremixx. Apparently, these vendors need to agree to go through Dreams and charge their prices. That is what happened with Mannia. I received a quote from him that was way cheaper than the DJ at Dreams. Mannia said that if I chose to get married at Dreams and hire them I would have to pay the dreams rate. They want $948.00 for 3 hours!!!!! I think it is a load of crap that we are not allowed to have any say on our vendors. They are however allowing me to bring in my own photographer for a $50.00 day pass.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
                  he will get right back to you :-)
                  I actually sent my TA my questions for Claudia and I am waiting to hear back.
                  I didn't really "Ask" her if it was ok to have DJ Doremixx..I kind of said he is already booked and I then went on to ask about the Extra hour that I would like for my reception..LOL So we will see what happens :-) I'll definitely let you all know!!

#29 sdtooley

sdtooley
                  • 109 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

That is so strange that they are being so difficult about letting you bring in an outside DJ but are allowing you to bring in a photographer. I would seriously consider trying to push this with them especially since Dreams Tulum actually allows outside vendors. It doesn't make sense that the same company has different rules. But again that is just my thinking.

On a positive note, I contacted DJ Doremixx and he has been so wonderful about contacting me back and I am putting my deposit down for his services this week! So thank you to those of you who have recommended him!

#30 cancunbride

cancunbride
                    • 531 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

Dj. Doremixx is on this forum.
                      screen name: IvanG

Has anyone heard back from Claudia or Dreams about allowing Doremixx to come as an outside vendor with pass paid?

Im so upset about her not responding back to me, I am 30+ days away from my wedding. She last quoted me approx 1700.00 for 3 hours and dance floor with Mania, its a total rip off and Im so livit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users