Photo

Garter/Bouquet Toss??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 trobin01

trobin01
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

Great ideas! I never liked the traditional bouquet toss/garter thing myself. We were at a wedding recently where they played a bunch of games. They got everyone laughing and into it. I'm sure you could google wedding games and find out something to fill up the time before the music.

#22 abbypoo

abbypoo
    • 57 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

This thread has really helped! I was wondering what I should do because there are going to be so few singles at our wedding, and this has given me a lot of ideas. I don't think I'm going to do the garter thing because I'll be wearing a tea length dress and I don't want to give my guests a bigger show than they expected... ha ha. But I think I will do a bouquet toss for everyone that has a spa prize.

I would just give it to my mom, but I also have a step-mom I'm very close to so I don't want to hurt either of them. Hopefully my guests don't think it's too cheesy that I have everyone involved in the bouquet toss!

#23 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
      • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

I know this is old, but just in case some brides come across this topic..., I am not doing a garter toss. My family is from New Orleans and I will be doing the traditional cake pull. If you google "wedding cake pulls" you will see what this is all about. Essentially, charms are placed in the cake (or under the cake so not to ruin the cake) and attached to strings. ALL of the ladies pull a charm and they tell their fortune. One of them is next to get married. You can pick what ever charms you want to put in it, there are several different ones with several different meanings.

#24 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
        • 155 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

I really like the wedding pull idea! I'm also not doing a garter/bouquet toss. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable in our small group

#25 loua4

loua4
          • 397 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Those are great. A friend of mine got married in mexico 5yrs ago and she had the same problem so she had whoever caught the garter/bouquet got an hour massage on the beach. You could do something like that. Good luck!

#26 hjack

hjack
            • 51 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

An idea to kill some time with no music would be to play a game. I have seen this done at a few different weddings and it is a great time.

You get the bride and groom to stand back to back with the bride and groom holding one of their shoes and one of their others shoe. They are then asked questions and whoever they (the bride and groom) thinks fits the question best, that shoe is raised.

An example question would be: Who controls the cheque book? or Who cleans up the dog poop? and the possibilities are endless.

It is a great game and gets a lot of laughs.

#27 march132010

march132010
              • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

Great thread FI and I was talking about this the other day, I think we are going to do the whose married the longs for the Bouqent and who is married the shortest for the Garter and send them all with well wishes.........

#28 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
                • 169 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:06 AM

We haven't discussed it, but I don't know if we're going to do the bouquet/garter toss either.

For my first wedding, I was 5 months pregnant and there was no way I was gonna let him go up my dress to find the garter. A little inappropriate. So we didn't do the bouquet toss either.

Instead, we had all the married couples out on the dance floor, including us, and the DJ played a song for all the married couples to dance to. Then the DJ announced that she's eliminating couples who have been married for one day or less, which obviously, was the bride and groom. And then one year or less, 5 years, 10 years, etc. until there was one couple left on the dance floor, and we had a beautiful bouquet for them.

We, and everyone else, LOVED the idea, because it was a wonderful way to shine the spotlight on and honour a couple who had been married for, I believe it was 53 years. A great inspiration for us all.
                  Iberostar Varadero
                  25 March 2011
                  Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#29 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
                  • 401 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

I love all these ideas because I am a sucker for the bouquet and garter toss!! I wanted to do them at my wedding, but pretty much all the people coming are attached or married, so the whole traditional toss wasn't going to work. But I think we could still do it and make some sort of fun game out of it for everyone to participate in!
                    Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#30 zethers

zethers
                    • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

With only 35 people at our wedding, I wasn't sure what to do either, we ended up doing gift cards...$50 to the Home Depot for the men and $50 to Macy's for the ladies. The DJ cracked some jokes and had everyone laughing so it was easy to get everyone out there. It turned out great, everyone participated! (I think the open bar may have contributed too).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users