OMG . . . I just had a positive home pregnancy test!

luvtoteachlaw

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told fiancee last night.

I started by telling him that the year 2009 has been stressful so far (we had family drama on his side and we have both been working too hard and too many hours), but that I know this year will be one of the best because I will get to do the two things that I most want to do in the world: be his wife and have our baby. I told him that I think even though this wasn't our timeline, it clearly was God's timeline and that it has happend for a reason. I showed him the two positive pregnancy tests.

His eyes got wide and he said, "So you're pregnant now?" and I said "yes". Then of course he said it was surprising because I had been on the pill. He then hugged me tight and wouldn't let go. smile03.gif

He then switched gears and starting asking if we should do something else for the wedding because of needing to save up for the baby. For the last few months we had been talking of buying a house, and I think that is where his thought process is in terms of how to take care of us. He did note that we (he and I) are spending more than we thought we would due to subsidizing some things/people at the wedding. I told him that I am sure there are many options available, but that I didn't want to "cheapen" this experience of getting married. I totally think that I would be fine with the plans as they are, assuming that it wouldn't cause any pregnancy complications. Also, and I don't even want to think this right now, but I would hate to cancel our Jamaica wedding and then have something go wrong with the pregnancy. If that were to happen, I would NEED to have that wedding to look forward to.

One thing I do know - I do not want to have a stay at home Pennsylvania wedding. No way.

For those of you who have had this happen, what alternatives did you consider? I have thought of keeping things as is with the four villa rentals at Bluefields Bay, moving the date up at the villas, or cancelling the villa and having a more intimate wedding at the resort where we are honeymooning (Royal Plantation in Jamaica). Given the drama surrounding the wedding already, I think I would be fine with a smaller group of people at the villas, if anything.

There is just so much to consider!

And . . . after the initial conversation about having the baby . . . he then wanted to "get it on" !! woot.gif Guess that isn't a bad reaction at all!

So I have been glued to all the pregancy websites this morning, and now that I have read a bit more, I do have concerns about this being classified as a high risk pregnancy. I had a past LEEP procedure (2002) and cone biopsy (2007), so my cervix might be weakened as a result of this. That could mean problems carrying the baby to term, and I cannot imagine the doctor letting me go to Jamaica if this is the case. Additionally, I think I might be further along than I had thought (maybe 8 to 10 weeks now), which puts my possible due date in mid-September, only 2 months after our planned July wedding date.

I need to keep all my options open, I think.