Mine were kind of flexible, but I think as they dried out they became less and less.

I just got my order today too - they are huge... a lot bigger than I expected.. and some of mine are sort of bent in the package..

Do you think it's better to leave them in the packages they came in? I'd have to wrap ribbon once we're there but we get there 4 days before any of our guests so we'd have time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrainfreeze View Post
I would wrap them before. They take WAY longer than you would think!!
OH yes I would do them before too! It took a while to do them! My were flexible which was great when I stuffed them in our suitcase!

They're pretty flexible and sturdy. I couldn't squish them too much b/c I had wrapped a flower on the handle. But if I didn't do that, I would've totally smooshed them into a luggage or suitcase. i packed mine in a big box.

Mine were a bit flexible as well. They weren't stiff at all & they also varied in size. This wasn't very noticeable & wasn't a big deal. I stacked them on top of each other, put them in a large shopping bag & then put them inside my luggage.

I also agree that you should DEFINITELY wrap them with ribbon before you leave. It is a very time consuming project, especially if you're wrapping with ribbon & attaching a flower & doing it by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
I was thinking of getting the raffia fans but also thought maybe the folding hand fans would be easier to pack in your luggage? Any thoughts on this?? Thanks :)
I didn't have any problems packing the raffia fans at all. I just stacked them on top of each other neatly, put them inside a plastic shopping bag & then laid them flat in the luggage. If you get them, I think you'll be fine.