Newbie looking for direction on how to begin planning her destination wedding

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CrystalsDreamWedding

CrystalsDreamWedding
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

Hello!!

My name is Crystal and I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I got engaged in December and would like to plan a destination wedding somewhere tropical. I have been thinking Mexico because of the prices and the fact that it is close enough for family and friends to get there in 4 hours by plane.

I would like to get married in January of 2010. The reason for this is that it will be cold here in Chicago and many of my cousins who are in school will be on break.

I joined this forum with the hopes of getting some direction on how to begin planning a destination wedding. How do I select a resort that I have never been to? How do I get the best rates? Where do I begin!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Crystal

#2 pugmomjenn

pugmomjenn
    • Banned
    • 138 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hi Crystal...congrats and welcome! I've found this forum very helpful. What we did first was pick a destination. We were between Mexico and Jamaica and picked Jamaica because there are fewer requirements to getting married there. Then we settled on the brand of resort we wanted based on the activities we wanted to have available. We picked Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios. Of course I had my dress before we had all this decided! I then spent some time deciding on a photographer, and decided to fly one down rather than using the resort photographer...it actually fit better into the budget that way. Good luck with the planning...we are all happy to offer our advice.

#3 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#4 SAM

SAM
        • 542 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:29 AM

Welcome to the forum Crystal, Happy Planning

#5 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

Welcome to the forum! There are some great travel agents on here that can probably help you with pricing. There are a ton of reviews on here for venues too. Hopefully that can get you started, this place has a ton of information to help you!

#6 Kathie

Kathie
            • 2,654 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hi. Welcome to the forum!

#7 askelly15

askelly15
              • 30 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

Welcome to the Forum....happy planning. You are going to love this website!
                Amanda

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

Welcome to the forum. We have so many reviews from previous brides that were married in Mexico, so just use that handy search feature and I'm sure you'll find a ton of information to help in your planning process. Good luck and congrats on your engagement.

#9 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                  • 2,424 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!

#10 Andre

Andre
                    • 603 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Congratulations Crystal, and welcome to the forum!

All the best,

Andre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users