jkcz0702 (Jen's) Planning!!

Wow we leave on Tues and I can not wait!!! I canâ€t believe how fast this year went. It seems like it was just he other day that Kyle and I were in NYC ice skating at Rockefeller Center on the coldest day of the year when I thought he had fallen or needed to fix his skate since neither of us had been on skates in many many years when I then realized he was on his knee with the best piece of “ice†I had ever seen asking me to marry him.

My “ice†Rings:

Click the image to open in full size.

Kyleâ€s Ring:

We knew right away that we wanted a destination wedding so we went to the TA in our area a couple of days later and they helped us narrow it down to Riviera Maya since both of our grandmothers are on oxygen we wanted a short direct flight. I began reading reviews on various resorts and taken into account what was important to our guests and us and we selected the Gran Bahia Principe Akumal. Here is a picture of the resort

After we selected Gran Bahia Akumal I was searching on it which is how I found this AMAZING website. I have to send a big shout out to Tammy for creating this forum it is an awesome place for us all to exchange and share ideas. Thanks to all the mods who keep the forum well organized and Thanks to all who have posted on here. It is because of all of you that our wedding will be what it is. We have gotten so many wonderful ideas so Thanks again!!! smile03.gif

We wanted a place for our guests to get the most up to date information on our wedding since we did not have a lot of info when we sent out our STDs so we created a wedding website on myweddings.com. It is FREE so that was great but I have to say this site has been awesome we never had any problems connecting and it was able to store everything we needed, so I would really recommend it to any couple looking to create a site. Here is our site: Jennifer & Kyle - wedding website by mywedding.com

Our STD we did the boarding passes, which I found the idea on here, I looked at a lot of templates so thanks to everyone who posted them. We designed them and had a local printing company print them for us the total cost to do them was around $150.00 to do 80 of them. sorry no picts.

The next project we worked on was Message in the bottle invites, which once we decided we were doing a beach wedding I knew this was the type of invite I wanted to send out. We bought the plastic bottles, shells and raffia from Sand Blast Entertainment they were great to work with we received our package quickly. We got the sand from my Mom and we created the stickers in word and invites in word. You can see our thread here: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t31718

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to this forum we did a pre-travel package with included a passport document thanks to flygirl for your template this was one of our favorite projects. We also sent out a Gran Bahia Principe Akumal resort and local area/excursions documents which I got from another Gran Bahia girl but I forgot which one but Thank you!! We also sent out 2 luggage tags to each guest thanks to Becks for her template. I found the pictures in google; you can see our thread here http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t31068

About 6 months prior to our wedding we went to a jeweler to have our rings custom made we went Qureshi Jewelers at the Jewelry Exchange in Willowbrook for all you NJ girls DO NOT DO NOT GO THERE!! Getting our rings made was a horrible experience. John the owner says he does the work but he does not he sends it out and to make a really long story short he damaged my e-ring he said it would take 2 weeks, which I thought was a short period of time but in reality it took us 4 months of driving down about 20 times 40 minutes each way and most of the time he would not show up for our appointment. In the end we got our rings but one of Kyleâ€s rings is too small.

My dress this was another experience I tried on so many dressed and then I found the one I fell in love with. My mom is amazing she bought me my dress we paid for then but I wanted to loose a bit of weight so we asked if we could wait a couple of weeks to put in the order the salon said sure, but then I broke my foot so we delayed it again which the salon said was fine but when we went back and ordered the dress they called me back the next day and said they stopped cutting the dress WHAT so I ended up taking the sample which was two sizes too small but thanks to the thread http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t2135 I stayed motivated and I did fit in the dress so I am supper jazzed about that. Here is a picture of my dress at my final fitting!

Here is a picture of my veil my mom (she rocks) made:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My jewelry the earrings I got from Lord & Taylorâ€s and the bracelet I got from Macys (sorry the picts are dark):

My hair flower I got from gabbymacdesigns on eBay

Shoes I got off eBay

Parasol from IDoOriginals.com they were quick and easy to work with

Kyle will be wearing a off white suite, with a black shirt and tie

Our BM & Usher will wear a black suite and white shirt and black tie sorry no pict

Our MOH will be wearing this dress in Canary yellow:

Our Jr Bridesmaid will be wearing this dress (the little girl one) in Canary yellow:

Our FG will be wearing this dress; we are just going to change the flower to pale yellow

Our RB will be wearing this suit

He will carry a mini sombrero, we ordered from Mini Sombreros

My Mom will be giving me away and she will be wearing

Our wedding ceremony will be held on the beach at 3:00 followed by a Champaign toast and photos/video.

Here is the ceremony location:

and we created hanging orchids thanks to Amy&Andy for the instructions which are like this

Sand Ceremony kit, ordered from Personalized Wedding Heart Unity Sand Ceremony Engraved - eBay (item 370156716065 end time Feb-15-09 11:21:07 PST), we have not received it yet because this was our one thing we forgot and I ordered it on Sunday and they already had it engraved and on its way to us so I am happy we will get it in time.

We hired Evan Baines as our photographer he and his assistant will travel down to Mexico on Thursday through Monday. They will photograph us the day before, our wedding and our TTD Evan Baines Photography

Last minute we decided we really wanted a video so we also hired Mike from Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Mike Cantarell to do the basic video package.

Our dinner will start at 5:30 at Dolce Vita and at 7:30 we will move to the poolside and have a mariachi band from 7:30 – 8:15 and then DJ Bob will be our dj for the remainder of the night. Wedding DJ

Here is a picture of our centerpieces (donâ€t mind the white paper it is my fake table cloth ):

we will have white table cloths I am also going to have yellow rose petals scattered, we will also have the flowers from the ceremony and cameras on the table.

For our seat assignments we getting maracas from Mexico so I do not have a picture.

Our guestbook frame

Here are our OOT bags, I ordered the bags from cheaptotes.com for 99 cents each and I ironed on our logo.

Here is what we put in them: Spanish dictionary, suntan lotion, glow sticks, photo book with various information (thanks to Melanie S for Mandyâ€s Welcome book), candy, gum, first aid kit, aspirin, chap stick, pepto, eye drops, benedryl, bug spray wipes, money/credit card holder, water bottle holders, note pads, postcard, pen and photo album. Kids will also get a wedding activity book, crayons and goggles.

Postcard information: pict of postcard thanks to Jason for the picture of the postcard we had them made from Vista Print.

Wedding day timeline

Gifts for our bridal party: Adults (Best Man, Usher, MOH, Our Friend who is playing the Bag Pipes at the ceremony, Kyle and I) The girls are getting pink and the boys are getting black, we had our initials engraved:

Handkerchiefs for mothers, grandmothers and Klye – here is our thread http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t36894

We paid for our FG, RB and Jr Bridesmaid to go to Mexico.

MOH: Tank Top (I made) & Flask

RB: Engraved ID Bracelet, Shirt (I made) and paid for his suit

Jr Bridesmaid: Engraved Jewelry Box, Necklace/Earrings and Tank Top (I made)

FG: Engraved Jewelry Box, Tank Top (I made) and her dress

Shirts we made for Kyle and I:

I have to include my beauty regime thanks to Tammy I started to use Obagi RX-C system and it is amazing, in my search to start to use the product I found Vibrance MedSpa in Denville NJ Vibrance MedSpa and they offered buy 3 get 3 free on Vibra Glow (which is glycolic Acid Peel and Vibradermabrasion) bought 2 packages and did 8 treatments (going every 2 weeks). Almost all of my freckles are gone; I would recommend this combo to anyone!

I think that is it again I want to say thank to you everyone this has been the forum ever!!!