Photo

Reception Length?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget810

Bridget810
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:30 AM

I'm trying to decide how long to book our DJ for. We can't have music until 8:30 pm, so right now the DJ is booked from 8:30 until 10:30. But I'm wondering if I'll regret only having 2 hours of dancing, so maybe I should book the DJ until 11:30 instead... Then I started worrying that since we only have 35 guests, it won't be enough people to dance for 3 hours, so maybe I should keep it for 2. I just don't know what to do! I thought about just playing it by ear, and if all is going well, then ask the DJ to say longer, but then I remembered that we'll be having a limo picking us up at a particular time to take us back to our honeymoon suite.. Any advice or suggestions would be really great!

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

What time is your ceremony and reception? I think if you are starting well before 830 people may be done by 1030 and you'd be fine.

Our reception is starting at 6 but we'll have music the whole time, but our crowd is a party crowd so we are planning to go til 1130/midnight.

#3 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
      • 672 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

I think it really depends on your crowd. Our crowd is a bit rowdy and for many of them this is their first holiday alone without children so they are planning on a "party"

I figure our older people will go home right after cake and first dances but the rest of us will stay and play. Our dinner is from 7:30 to 9:30, which we have a Flamenco dancer with live Spanish Guitarist until 8:30 performing during dinner. We have the DJ starting at 8:30 until the end of dinner with quiet music. we will do first dance at 9:30 and a parent/child dance (we chose to only do 2 dances so everyone can get their groove on). We will cut cake at 10 (we have a desert course with dinner so we wanted to wait a bit) and then the party starts. We booked him until 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users