Do I really need to reserve/book things in advance?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jamaicabride409

• 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hi All,

I have been reading alot on here how people have already booked resturant times, hair appointments, flowers etc.

I am a little confused because when I first talked to Chandlyn she gave me the impression that we decide on all of that when we get there and to relax and not worry about it now. Should I really worry about those details now?? We went with the free wedding package and are going to have a reception at the Mammee bay resturant.

Thoughts anyone?

#2 divadivine25

• 427 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:44 AM

Hi Kari! Since there are 3 weddings per day booking becomes essential for the more "structured" bride such as myself. I haven't made any hair appts but I have confirmed the poolside reception for my guests since I wasn't sure of the availability. Call me a bit controlling but I like to be assured that things will go as planned :.)

But Im sure that everything works out in the end. We arn't going to decide on the bands and what not till we get there.

#3 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

Im getting married the same day as you, but at Riu Palace Tropical Bay. My WC emailed me a month ago about booking my dinner reservations. So Ive booked my reception and I booked my hair/makeup appt at Renova Spa today. They suggested to book early, rather than later. That's all Ive done.

#4 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

I definitely recommend advance booking as you may have an issue with dinner reservations if you don’t. I booked my dinner reservation and spa about 7 months in advance to be in the safe side. I knew I would be upset if I had the later seating. Contact Chandlyn and let her know what you wish to confirm. If you are renting the hall/disco, I would reserve that as well in advance.

#5 Jamaicabride409

• 44 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

My ceremony time is at 11:00am so we can enjoy the rest of the day on the beach after the ceremony, I will e-mail Chandlyn about making sure we can reserve the first seating at Mammee Bay resturant, I would rather not wait until 9pm to eat thats for sure. Thanks for all the info ladies :)

#6 KRB

• 61 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

This is great advice, thanks ladies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users