Photo

Charleston, SC

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 JoLo908

JoLo908
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

I hear Charleston is beautiful! But I also heard their are roaches and palmetto bugs everywhere! My MOH's friend lives in Summerville and she said I would flip out in Charleston because of the "palmies" (this is what we call the huge bugs) but it looks so beautiful, I really want to visit!

Sincerely,
    Joanna... the palmie-phobic!

#12 JoLo908

JoLo908
    • 889 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

I hear Charleston is beautiful! But I also heard their are roaches and palmetto bugs everywhere! My MOH's friend lives in Summerville and she said I would flip out in Charleston because of the "palmies" (this is what we call the huge bugs) but it looks so beautiful, I really want to visit!

Sincerely,

#13 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
      • 327 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jmb0902
        Here's a few things:

IOP (Isle of Palms) photography: There is something like a $5000 fine if caught for pro photographers on the beach there. My friend who is getting married there is technically getting married back on the grassy part and then literally running on to the beach for some quick pics and then getting right off! I had no idea they were so strict there!

Charleston Grill is really nice, and really good! Expensive, but it's your wedding :). Good location too... you should also check out Peninsula Grill, it is VERY popular both with Charlestonians and out of towners: http://www.peninsulagrill.com/

I am not sure about the awning... have you found a florist? They might be able to help? Our favorite florist is Tiger Lily, I don't know many others: http://www.tigerlilyweddings.com/
        Thank you so much for all of your help. I think I have officially crossed off the IOP beach, way too strict. I haven't looked into a florist yet, but I'm going to check Tiger Lily out. The Peninsula grill looks nice, that is definitely an option. Thanks again!

#14 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
        • 327 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JoLo908

Sincerely,
          Oh no, I hate bugs! Thanks for the warning. (Note to self: pack Raid) lol.

#15 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
          • Banned
          • 386 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

I lived there for four years and rarely saw a roach or palmetto bug (unless I was somewhere gross) so no worries.

I second Peninsula Grill - yum.

#16 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
            • 307 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

So glad I found this thread! I am getting married on Sullivan's Island in July of next year. So far I can't find much info on the photography thing, I know it says no COMMERCIAL photogs but I would assume if a relative was doing it (for free ) that it'd be ok.

So you have any suggestions for hotels in that area? are you familiar with Sullivan's Island?

#17 LowcountryGirl

LowcountryGirl
              • 153 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
                Hey girls! I live in Charleston, SC (I am not having my wedding here though) - but I wanted to let you know you can PM me or write me on here if you have any questions... and I will do my best! I have several friends getting married here this year - it's one of the most popular places to get married in the US I hear! So let me know!

Jo
                Where did you get your Save The Date from? I Love it

#18 jmb0902

jmb0902
                • 496 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LowcountryGirl
                  Where did you get your Save The Date from? I Love it
                  Hey girl! I actually made them, here is the link on how:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t38223

DO you live in Charleston?? Where??

#19 LowcountryGirl

LowcountryGirl
                  • 153 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:15 PM

Quote:
                    Hey girl! I actually made them, here is the link on how:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t38223

DO you live in Charleston?? Where??
                    Hey girl! Thanks for sharing......I Live in Mt. Pleasant. You? I just got engaged like 3 weeks ago and just getting started. Lots to do......

#20 jmb0902

jmb0902
                    • 496 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LowcountryGirl
                      Hey girl! Thanks for sharing......I Live in Mt. Pleasant. You? I just got engaged like 3 weeks ago and just getting started. Lots to do......
                      Ahhh congrats! Do you know where yet? I live on James Island... we are close- we should get together! Don't worry, you have time-- I'm hitting my crunch time now, not much to do until now though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users