Jump to content

Photo

Charleston, SC


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jmb0902

jmb0902
  • Jr. Member
  • 496 posts

    Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

    Hey girls! I live in Charleston, SC (I am not having my wedding here though) - but I wanted to let you know you can PM me or write me on here if you have any questions... and I will do my best! I have several friends getting married here this year - it's one of the most popular places to get married in the US I hear! So let me know!

    Jo


    #2 iwantadreamswedding

    iwantadreamswedding
    • Jr. Member
    • 327 posts

      Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

      thanks so much for starting this thread! after considering lots of places, i have settled on Charleston. It's such a beautiful place! I would like to get married on the beach, and just have a simple reception at a restaurant. I'm sure I'll be asking several questions here.

      #3 jmb0902

      jmb0902
      • Jr. Member
      • 496 posts

        Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
        thanks so much for starting this thread! after considering lots of places, i have settled on Charleston. It's such a beautiful place! I would like to get married on the beach, and just have a simple reception at a restaurant. I'm sure I'll be asking several questions here.
        Oh good! You are so right... if I didn't live here, this would be my dream wedding place :) I live in James Island, right by Folly Beach (where I've seen a few weddings) and I'm going to a wedding soon out of the Isle of Palms. Let me know if you need me to do some leg work for you... :)

        #4 iwantadreamswedding

        iwantadreamswedding
        • Jr. Member
        • 327 posts

          Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

          That's exactly where i'm thinking of having my wedding, either Folly beach or Isle of Palms beach. I initially wanted to go to IOP beach but the photographic restrictions kind of scared me off. So I decided that I may go with Folly beach instead. Which beach do you think is nicer/less busy? And have you known anyone to get married on IOP beach, what did they do as far as photography? I know pictures can be taken there because I saw pics of a wedding there on theknot.com.

          #5 jmb0902

          jmb0902
          • Jr. Member
          • 496 posts

            Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
            That's exactly where i'm thinking of having my wedding, either Folly beach or Isle of Palms beach. I initially wanted to go to IOP beach but the photographic restrictions kind of scared me off. So I decided that I may go with Folly beach instead. Which beach do you think is nicer/less busy? And have you known anyone to get married on IOP beach, what did they do as far as photography? I know pictures can be taken there because I saw pics of a wedding there on theknot.com.
            I have a friend getting married there in May, I'll ask her exactly what they are doing. They are getting married at the Citadel beach house though, so that might be considered 'private'. IOP is more touristy and built up (in terms of restaurants)... and Folly is kind of more surfer/hippie, but later on in the day they are both nice, etc. The "beach" parts of them are about the same. I know both beaches have "event houses" where you can do your reception after your beach ceremony, etc.

            On that note, a lot of the beach houses are strictly "no event" houses and you will be evicted if there are more than a certain number there (even the huge houses)... so be careful of that. Do you know where you'd want to do a reception yet?


            #6 iwantadreamswedding

            iwantadreamswedding
            • Jr. Member
            • 327 posts

              Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

              well, as far as the reception goes, I was thinking of just getting a private dining room at a restaurant, since I'm having a small group. Here are a couple of the restaurants I was considering:

              A Charleston Restaurant: High Cotton | One of Charleston's Best Restaurants for Lowcountry & Southern Cuisine

              Mount Pleasant's Old Village Post House | Mount Pleasant Restaurant With Lowcountry Cuisine

              Have you tried either of these? Or do you know of any good restaurants for a reception?

              #7 jmb0902

              jmb0902
              • Jr. Member
              • 496 posts

                Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:01 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
                well, as far as the reception goes, I was thinking of just getting a private dining room at a restaurant, since I'm having a small group. Here are a couple of the restaurants I was considering:

                A Charleston Restaurant: High Cotton | One of Charleston's Best Restaurants for Lowcountry & Southern Cuisine

                Mount Pleasant's Old Village Post House | Mount Pleasant Restaurant With Lowcountry Cuisine

                Have you tried either of these? Or do you know of any good restaurants for a reception?

                Hey girl-- I have never been to Old Village in Mt. P, but High Cotton is VERY Charleston and in a very cool spot downtown. Check out this place, it is also downtown, and I've actually seen some pro pics of receptions there (gorgeous!):
                The Wickliffe House

                I am still finding out about photography on the beaches for you!! Let me know what you're thinking!


                #8 iwantadreamswedding

                iwantadreamswedding
                • Jr. Member
                • 327 posts

                  Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:21 AM

                  Thank you so much for all of your help, it's great to get info from someone who lives in Charleston! I'm going to call the Wickliffe House today to find out more. Thank you. I'm leaning towards a restaurant since there will probably only be about 25 people max. I was going to get a private room and just get some dinner for everyone. Another place I looked at today is the charleston grill. I believe it's charlestongrill.com. That place looks nice also, have you been?

                  #9 iwantadreamswedding

                  iwantadreamswedding
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 327 posts

                    Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

                    oh, and I had one more question, do you know anywhere where I could rent one of those bamboo canopies or arbors to say our vows under? Thanks again!

                    #10 jmb0902

                    jmb0902
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 496 posts

                      Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
                      Thank you so much for all of your help, it's great to get info from someone who lives in Charleston! I'm going to call the Wickliffe House today to find out more. Thank you. I'm leaning towards a restaurant since there will probably only be about 25 people max. I was going to get a private room and just get some dinner for everyone. Another place I looked at today is the charleston grill. I believe it's charlestongrill.com. That place looks nice also, have you been?
                      Here's a few things:

                      IOP (Isle of Palms) photography: There is something like a $5000 fine if caught for pro photographers on the beach there. My friend who is getting married there is technically getting married back on the grassy part and then literally running on to the beach for some quick pics and then getting right off! I had no idea they were so strict there!

                      Charleston Grill is really nice, and really good! Expensive, but it's your wedding :). Good location too... you should also check out Peninsula Grill, it is VERY popular both with Charlestonians and out of towners: http://www.peninsulagrill.com/

                      I am not sure about the awning... have you found a florist? They might be able to help? Our favorite florist is Tiger Lily, I don't know many others: http://www.tigerlilyweddings.com/





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users