Photo

What wedding anniversary date are you using??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

wierd my 8 came up as a smiley! so ya May 8th is what we are using as our aniversary - the Mexican ceremony

#12 calchik

calchik
    • 166 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

we're getting legally married about 10 days before our mexico ceremony. but we fluked out and got our 2 year anniversary date as our mexico wedding date. so we're sticking with that as it's already our anniversary date.

that and our legal ceremony will be like 20 mins just to sign the papers. we're not saying our own vows then. we won't have everyone there that matters to us. it's just a legal procedure so we're not using that date

#13 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
      • 698 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

We are using our Mexico ceremony date, becuase it's the day that we are sharing with our family and friends.

#14 jmb0902

jmb0902
        • 496 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jacilynda
          We got legally married on August 8th, 2008. We had decided since were getting legally married before our wedding that we would do it earlier so I could have health insurance since I don't work. We then decided 08/08/08 was fun, and it just so happens that we are getting married (mexico ceremony) August 8th, so really our ceremony will be our one year anniversary! So we don't have to worry about what day
          That is awesome it worked out that way! I guess we're kinda in a similar boat - at least our legal anniversary and marriage date are a little bit close (Dec/Nov)... how weird it will be to be married a year already at our wedding ceremonies! :)

#15 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

We're using our Mexican wedding date. The legal ceremony is just for paperwork :)

#16 big3n09

big3n09
            • 616 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

My girlfriend that was married this past august is using her ceremony date. We may actually get married 3-4 months before our ceremony for my personal reasons, but me being me i will want to celebrate both dates. I think whichever is more important to you guys or the feeling you have on that day is what could be the determining date.
              4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#17 jmb0902

jmb0902
              • 496 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by big3n09
                My girlfriend that was married this past august is using her ceremony date. We may actually get married 3-4 months before our ceremony for my personal reasons, but me being me i will want to celebrate both dates. I think whichever is more important to you guys or the feeling you have on that day is what could be the determining date.
                I know what you mean... we will be married 11 months at our Mexico wedding!! I think we'll probably use our December date as our own little personal anniversary and then just use our November date as our family/friend date. I guess I just thought it would be weird... but they are both important to me :)

#18 jen_trev

jen_trev
                • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

We'll be using our destination wedding date. We are only getting married a few weeks before we go though.

#19 ~*~Margie~*~

~*~Margie~*~
                  • 291 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

I have wondered the same thing. We were initially going to do a legal ceremony in Mexico, but changed our minds and now our legal day is going to have some meaning to it, cause FI's parents can't come to Mexico, so we are doing our legal day at their house with just them and my parents so I am not sure which to celebrate. We will probably consider Mexico our anniversary but still acknowledge the legal day in a private way.

#20 lawieland

lawieland
                    • 54 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by yoAzul
                      We are also using our ceremony date in Mexico (May our legal one is one month before April 8 so that will be easy to remember
                      I'm doing the same, using the ceremony date as my anniversary date!!
                      lawieland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users