Sign in to follow this  
Jessica

New Trend in First Dances Tacky?

So Kevin and I are going to take some salsa type lessons in a few months since we are getting married in Mexico. He thought it would be fun but nothing over the top, just to go with the Mexico theme. Besides he says he moves pretty good for a big guy and wants to boogy! bunny_4.gif

honestly, i would have killed to do the dance from "Dirty Dancing"...the one with jennifer grey and patrick swayze, where she runs and he lifts her up...i have secretly fantasized about doing it...am i a dork?

but really, i wouldnt do it to put it on youtube...just to live out my own fantasy but not as a first dance

It won't be on youtube, but we do plan to do a salsa or something not waltzy for our first dance if we can get it together in time. If it's not a full on routine we think it will be to an uptempo song for sure because we kinda want to kick the party off on that note, it fits our personalities too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
honestly, i would have killed to do the dance from "Dirty Dancing"...the one with jennifer grey and patrick swayze, where she runs and he lifts her up...i have secretly fantasized about doing it...am i a dork?
I would love to do that too!

offtopic2.gif I read something that made me feel really really OLD. THis year is the 20th anniversary of Dirty Dancing. And i dont know if this is in every city but in NY its going to be in theaters May 1 & 2nd!!!

As seen in my aviator... we've been practicing the dirty dancing moves and plan on doing that at our wedding. However, we haven't figured out the logistics of a wedding dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotini View Post
I would love to do that too!

offtopic2.gif I read something that made me feel really really OLD. THis year is the 20th anniversary of Dirty Dancing. And i dont know if this is in every city but in NY its going to be in theaters May 1 & 2nd!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
As seen in my aviator... we've been practicing the dirty dancing moves and plan on doing that at our wedding. However, we haven't figured out the logistics of a wedding dress.
oh good i am not the only dork...i told my dh my fantasy yesterday after sharing on the forum and he said we could do it...he has always fantasized about being a great breakdancer...how funny is that. so out of his element because he has always been punk.

I think some people put it on youtube just to share it with their family & friends. Some are obviously wanting strangers to watch it. I haven't found a good way to share videos for free where strangers can't watch them. Onetruemedia.com seems safer because less people go there just to watch silly stuff. But, I'm pretty sure anyone can still see your videos. Photobucket videos are just like youtube, too. I'd like to do one of these dances, but I wouldn't want the world to see it. I think it's more private if you don't give it a descriptive title. Then less people are likely to come across it.

I thought youtube had a private option, where only people you invited to see it could view it. But, I haven't been to youtube in months, so I can't be sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
I thought youtube had a private option, where only people you invited to see it could view it. But, I haven't been to youtube in months, so I can't be sure...

That is good to know. I'll have to check it out. I had a video I wanted to share, but I'd hate for it to become the next internet sensation. I've only watched videos. I have never uploaded them.