Photo

Military restrictions in mexico

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 cdc0427

cdc0427
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

One of my bridesmaids is in the military. She got word last week that the active military and Department of Defense employees is restricted to go to Cancun area. She said there has been a restriction in part of Mexico for some time but it has just expanded to Cancun. The restriction is due to violence and drugs. I'll let you know when I find out more.

As far as she knows right now, if this ban is still in place during my wedding, she will not be able to attend. She is supposed to be asking her boss the specifics.

#2 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
    • 2,424 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:42 AM

Please let us know when you find out more. My FI brother/BM is active military and if he couldn't attend we might have to rethink of where to married. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon since we both are getting married around the same time.

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

OOOOO.... i am texting my FSIL right now!

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

what branch of military is your BM. My FSIL is a marine and she is one of my BM, although we're not sure if she can make it do to training. But here is an article and this is exactly what she told me. So a marine needs clearance in advance to go and cannot travel alone.

More restrictions placed on travel to Mexico - Marine Corps News, news from Iraq - Marine Corps Times

#5 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

My other half is army but it's not applying to the british army yet - they may make exceptions if they apply eary

#6 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
            • 2,424 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

I forward this info to my FBIL, who is in the coast guard, he said it applys to all branches. He is going to find out more info to see if he can go to mexico, otherwise we might be looking somewhere else, hopefully not.

#7 cdc0427

cdc0427
              • 330 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

My friend, by the way, she's in the Air Force, told me today she is permitted to go to Cancun. She said it just requires her commander's approval.

#8 hanna

hanna
                • 223 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

omg, my FI is in the Coast Guard. I will make sure everything works out for that... He got approved leave for our wedding, but I don't know if he submitted his international travel paperwork...geez

#9 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                  • 382 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

We have a few guests that have been reading the headlines recently and are a bit nervous about the trip. Our plans are to mostly stay at the resort and if we leave it will be during the day only. I know some areas have really changed, and not for the good.

#10 RoryS

RoryS
                    • 230 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cdc0427
                      My friend, by the way, she's in the Air Force, told me today she is permitted to go to Cancun. She said it just requires her commander's approval.
                      My nephew is in the National Guard and is going to give his sister away. The wedding is in June at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. He gets home in April from Iraq for leave before going back in July. Does getting a commander's approval guarantee he'll be able to go? How long does it take to get approval.
                      I don't want to mention this yet to either my niece or nephew until we can get more details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users