Help! I hate my dress...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Amelie

• 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

I got my dress 2 weeks ago and brought it for the alterations. I wasn't impressed with the way it looked but it was 2 sizes too big. I went yesterday for my second fitting and even if now the fit is good, I think it looks aweful.
    What should I do? I am getting married in less than 4 months...Should I wait next week for my last fitting or I should go shop right now so I have enough time to get another dress
    Will I be able to get a dress in less than 3 months? Budget wise it is not the best solution but do I stick with a dress I don't love? It is my day after all...

#2 happygilmore

• 576 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

From the tone of what you wrote I don't think you are going to like it anymore when you go for your third fitting. My thoughts are if you have the money in you budget try to get a new dress (I got one from David's bridal and walked away with it the day i paid for it) and you can sell your first one.

If your dress is really important to you then you have to get one you feel glamorous in!

#3 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

I say to do whatever makes you feel happy. You don't want to spend your wedding day worried about your "awful" dress. Do you have any pics of yourself in it so we can take a look? You want to feel like a queen in your dress-so if it means buying another dress I say to go for it.

#4 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

I agree if you are unhappy now and it is almost done you will probably not change your mind. If you really do not like it I think you should get another dress bc it is important you feel great on your wedding day. Yes post picts so we can see maybe it just needs small something.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#5 islandandcity

• 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

I don;t know what your style is, but I have a wedding dress in perfect condition. It has been in the sealed box since I wore it. It is Maggie Sotterro (spelling?) I can send you a picture if you send me your email. I am not sure what size you are...it was originally an 8, but it was taken in a little at the top. So, I would assume it is a 6. I wore heels. I am 5 2, but I wore a 2 1/2 inch heel. It is beautiful. I would sell it for a very decent price. It was originally $1100. Let me know if you want to see it.

#6 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

You can also consider buying sample dresses or preowned. There are many online stores you can check out and here's one of them.

Used wedding dresses. Buy & sell new, sample and used designer wedding gowns

#7 Amelie

• 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

Thank you so much ladies... I am gonna try to sell it on that website for sure and the bridal stores are mine tomorrow....OUF!!! Let's go!

#8 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,047 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                • LocationToronto

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

I definitely think that if you're unhappy you shouldn't second guess it. Just try to sell it and purchase a new one that you LOVE!

#9 egsarah

• 355 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

I agree if you're unhappy I'd get something else. You can always sell your other dress to make up the difference in your budget.

It's your day you should look and feel gorgeous!

#10 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

I agree with everyone else!! If you don't feel gorgeous in it; then you need to go in a different direction. There are lots of places that you can buy dresses off the rack and some places may even be able to rush order something for you.
                    Good luck and let us know how it goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users