Jump to content

Photo

Curves....how is it working for you


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hsims1

hsims1
  • Jr. Member
  • 356 posts

    Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:40 AM

    I joined Curves about 2 months ago and I am doing that smart workout. I like it but I am just not seeing results. I haven't really lost any weight. Is anyone else working out at Curves, and what are your results. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have heard about other people looking crazy amounts of weight. I am only looking to loose a total of 15 lbs before my wedding. Any thoughts.

    #2 Banana11

    Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

      Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:01 AM

      My mom lost over 80 pounds with Curves. She said you have to follow their diet plan along with the workouts to see results.

      #3 Jenn3878

      Jenn3878
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,681 posts

        Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

        I joined Curves in March 2008 but I didnt start on the Curves Smart program until it became available in June 2009. I lost more inches from March to June, than I did after I started the Curves Smart but I lost more lbs this way. I didn't follow their diet. After 9+months (March - January) I lost about 22 inches and 15lbs and then I got pregnant and I havent gone as much :) HAHA

        What program are you on? Have you talked to the person there? I always asked a TON of questions :) when is your wedding?

        PM me with any questions

        #4 ACDCDCAC

        ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

        Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

        waaaaaiiiitt. jenn, are you preggo! how did i miss that??

        #5 Jenn3878

        Jenn3878
        • Sr. Member
        • 5,681 posts

          Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Abbie
          waaaaaiiiitt. jenn, are you preggo! how did i miss that??
          :) Yes, I am, I dont have a ticker yet! I am about 12 weeks today!

          #6 cougs

          cougs

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

            Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by hsims1
            I joined Curves about 2 months ago and I am doing that smart workout. I like it but I am just not seeing results. I haven't really lost any weight. Is anyone else working out at Curves, and what are your results. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have heard about other people looking crazy amounts of weight. I am only looking to loose a total of 15 lbs before my wedding. Any thoughts.
            how much time do you have before your wedding? do you get weighed and measured every month? if so, have you lost inches?

            my curves doesn't offer the curves smart workout thing, so i'm no help with that. i think anyone who is losing "crazy amounts of weight" must also be dieting in conjunction with their workouts, whether it be the curves diet or something else. the curves diet is basically a lower-carb/high protein diet, meant to work in conjunction with their workout. curves results are normally more inches-based than weight-based (the woman who owns mine has a "before" picture that looks like about 40 lbs difference but in reality is only 17 lbs!). i haven't lost too much, but i can see the difference and wear smaller size clothing.

            also, "crazy losers" probably have a lot more weight to lose than you, seeing as how you only want to lose 15 lbs. (the last few pounds always take the longest). maybe 30 minutes 3 days a week is a LOT more exercise than they normally would do, but relatively little for you. you can't really compare your results to those of others ... everyone's body is different. that said, maybe they break a sweat doing it ... do you? if not, maybe you need to kick it up a notch? also, ask your curves rep about any machines that seem like they aren't doing anything ... it's possible you might not be doing it exactly right, and are therefore not getting much out of it.

            #7 hsims1

            hsims1
            • Jr. Member
            • 356 posts

              Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenn3878
              :) Yes, I am, I dont have a ticker yet! I am about 12 weeks today!
              Congratulations on the pregnancy.

              #8 hsims1

              hsims1
              • Jr. Member
              • 356 posts

                Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                how much time do you have before your wedding? do you get weighed and measured every month? if so, have you lost inches?

                my curves doesn't offer the curves smart workout thing, so i'm no help with that. i think anyone who is losing "crazy amounts of weight" must also be dieting in conjunction with their workouts, whether it be the curves diet or something else. the curves diet is basically a lower-carb/high protein diet, meant to work in conjunction with their workout. curves results are normally more inches-based than weight-based (the woman who owns mine has a "before" picture that looks like about 40 lbs difference but in reality is only 17 lbs!). i haven't lost too much, but i can see the difference and wear smaller size clothing.

                also, "crazy losers" probably have a lot more weight to lose than you, seeing as how you only want to lose 15 lbs. (the last few pounds always take the longest). maybe 30 minutes 3 days a week is a LOT more exercise than they normally would do, but relatively little for you. you can't really compare your results to those of others ... everyone's body is different. that said, maybe they break a sweat doing it ... do you? if not, maybe you need to kick it up a notch? also, ask your curves rep about any machines that seem like they aren't doing anything ... it's possible you might not be doing it exactly right, and are therefore not getting much out of it.
                Hmm...good point on the last few pounds are the hardest to loose. I didnt think of it like that. I have quite some time. I am getting married in June of 2010. I haven't been sweating much and I am pretty active, so maybe I do need to kick it up a notch. Hmmm

                #9 hsims1

                hsims1
                • Jr. Member
                • 356 posts

                  Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jenn3878
                  I joined Curves in March 2008 but I didnt start on the Curves Smart program until it became available in June 2009. I lost more inches from March to June, than I did after I started the Curves Smart but I lost more lbs this way. I didn't follow their diet. After 9+months (March - January) I lost about 22 inches and 15lbs and then I got pregnant and I havent gone as much :) HAHA

                  What program are you on? Have you talked to the person there? I always asked a TON of questions :) when is your wedding?

                  PM me with any questions
                  Yea I am on the Curves Smart. I think I need to push myself more. I don't follow their diet either, and my eating habits are not the best, so maybe I shoudl also look into that. Wow, your inches and weight loss prior to your pregnancy are amazing. Pretty cool.

                  #10 Jenn3878

                  Jenn3878
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 5,681 posts

                    Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by hsims1
                    Congratulations on the pregnancy.
                    Thank you :)

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by hsims1
                    Yea I am on the Curves Smart. I think I need to push myself more. I don't follow their diet either, and my eating habits are not the best, so maybe I shoudl also look into that. Wow, your inches and weight loss prior to your pregnancy are amazing. Pretty cool.
                    Are you on the cardio or the fit and trim? I was on fit and trim and they just now changed me to cardio - I think its the same just you "warmup" and "cool down" on 5 machines now instead of 3.....the calories burned are less for sure - before I was burning 700+ calories and now I am burning 400+

                    Thanks, probably in total I have lost about 55lbs in the past couple of years and my dr told me thats probably why I got pregnant LOL.....Diet wise, I took out all whites (white bread, pasta, potatoes & white rice) and replaced with (whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta & brown rice), instead of whole eggs I only eat egg whites. I didnt go crazy but it worked, just stick to it and you will do great! Let me know if you have any questions :) GOOD LUCK!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users