Photo

Anyone else's mom freaking out over TTD?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

You could always get a used dress or a $99 dress for your TTD, but I think it's silly to keep your original in tact if you're never going to wear it again.

#22 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

I haven't gotten past the first page of this thread, but my grandma is totally freaked out by this idea. I agree that the name implies that it is much worse than it actually is. Maybe over time the name will change...? Ha - that might help some After all, we're not really intending to TRASH our dresses, right?!

What I am concerned about is taking it back on the plane - I'll only have 1 full day for it to dry...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#23 tina82

tina82
      • 184 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

I bought my own dress so its my money if anything happens to it. My Mom and my Dad think i am crazy but neet once i explaned.

Here is a different idea if you have a few friends who are married and you all still have your wedding dresses. My one cousen and her friends had a neat idea, they all put their wedding dresses on one night and went out all dressed up.
        Christina

#24 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
        • 475 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

My mom thought I was a little crazy but figured whatever I want to do...until I showed her a thread in the Jamaica subform that shows a TTD at Dunn's River Falls. She could not get over how nice the pictures look. Also, she finally understood that trash just means it gets wet (really wet) and a little dirty. Also, I explained that it will clean fine...

Actually, when I mentioned it to my photographer to see if she could do a TTD session with us the day after the wedding (we are flying a local photogapher down to Jamaica), she explained that she loves to do these sessions and that she calls them "Love the Dress" sessions...it sounds more romantic and much nicer.
          Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users