Sign in to follow this  
Kristy!

Anyone else's mom freaking out over TTD?

Did your mom buy your dress? My mom could care less what I do w/ it. I bought it and I don't expect my daughter to wear it cause I would NEVER wear my moms. I don't know i'm a pretty out spoken person I personally would tell my mom that I paid for it, its my dress and I'll do what I want w/ it! Show her how dirty it gets from dancing around all night at your wedding and what it looks like after soaking in salt water and then show her the pics and she'll love it, hopefully. If not, at least you will!

I did TTD and I don't think my mom ever really got over it. She said the pictures were nice but I don't think she ever really "got" it. All that matters is you do what you and FI want! It's your wedding!

I'm totally doing it no matter what and I'm using my dress. I don't really see the point of getting another one.

Yes, my parents did purchase my dress, so I think she feels that I'm throwing their money away. I think she's also convinced that out of everyone's dresses who made it through the TTD session fine, mine will be the one that gets ruined. She's just being dramatic. I'm super excited about it! And totally can't wait to have Kristi shoot this for me, even if it will be super early in the morning. (Ugh!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy! View Post
I'm totally doing it no matter what and I'm using my dress. I don't really see the point of getting another one.

Yes, my parents did purchase my dress, so I think she feels that I'm throwing their money away. I think she's also convinced that out of everyone's dresses who made it through the TTD session fine, mine will be the one that gets ruined. She's just being dramatic. I'm super excited about it! And totally can't wait to have Kristi shoot this for me, even if it will be super early in the morning. (Ugh!)

Yes! that is an awesome attitude about it!
smile29.gif
it is your dress and you should be able to with it whatever you want! (Plus your pics will be AMAZING I am sure!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Yes! that is an awesome attitude about it!
smile29.gif
it is your dress and you should be able to with it whatever you want! (Plus your pics will be AMAZING I am sure!)
Thanks Andi. I can't wait to see your pics. I'm hoping some will be posted before I leave on May 17th.

My mom was all like, "why would you want to do that?" I told her "to get awsome pictures." She left it at that. Her main concern now is will my strapless dress stay up...or will my tig ol bitties be showing to everybody on the beach. I think if that happens, that makes for a funny picture!