Photo

Videographer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 happygilmore

happygilmore
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

I'd really like to have a DVD of our ceremony, one, for us to have a copy but second, to have one playing at our AHR

The Dreams Punta Cana DVD is $350

The Photo souvenior DVD is $390 + $60 shipping and it takes at least three weeks, which will be to late for us and you pay the day fee

Lastly, do you thikn I should consider buying a camcorder and asking a guest to videotape for us? They make some nice ones that are shake/blur resistant and have pretty good optical zoom

I don't know what to do, I'd really like the DVD but I don't think a 30 min or less video is worth almost $400 bucks but then again can I trust someone who doesnt' have a lot of expperience to get a decent video

Thoughts?

#2 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

Personally, I plan on asking one of my guests to use a camcorder and record it for us. I just can't justify the expense of having the resort do it.

I have seen dvd's of friends weddings where a 'novice' guest did it for them and they came out very nice. They don't have all the 'bells and whistles' of a professional; but in the end, do you really need them if you have a professional photographer taking amazing photos?

#3 happygilmore

happygilmore
      • 576 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

Very true! Do you already own a camcorder or are you going to purchase one? and if so what type did you get?

#4 NOMAAM

NOMAAM
        • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by happygilmore
          Very true! Do you already own a camcorder or are you going to purchase one? and if so what type did you get?
          If you can't find one to borrow or plan to buy one for yourself, I would consider "borrowing/renting" from a store. What I mean by this is that a few big electronic stores (eg.bestbuy) have camcorders that people returned. These are sold as open items and can be returned in 14 days without a restocking fee.

Not really the honest way to do things but can be useful in tough situations.

#5 NOMAAM

NOMAAM
          • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

Regarding the dvd provided by the resort, how's the quality? I'm curiuos to what you get for that price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users