Help... Riu Brides

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nikkib

• 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

Hello all! Just from reading this forum so much and seeing the wonderful experience that so many ladies have had with their Riu weddings, I believe that I want to join the club as well.

Anyways, I was wondering are there significant differences between the Riu in Ocho Rios, Negril, or Montego Bay.

Any advice into choosing a location would be extremely appreciated.

#2 majortomm

• 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:04 PM

Great question! I have been looking at all 3 as well and was wondering the same thing. I've never been to a Riu so it's hard for me to calibrate against other chains.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

#3 kris

• 506 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

From what Ive heard ROR is a newer resort and very nice, I think MB is also a newer one as for Negril its alot older but the Tropical bay just got a full renovation and has become a palace resort which is a little more upscale.

#4 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

RIU MoBay is the newest (opened Sept. '0...ROR is only a few years old as well. RIU Negril and RIU tropical bay are on the same strip of hotels and you can walk from one to the other. I stayed in RIU Tropical Bay this summer and it was very nice. I don't know if any of them are better than the others...I guess it all depends on the location you want.

#5 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

All are correct. An RIU that says Palace is more upscale..

#6 Scott-Pierre

• 456 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

The airport is in Montego Bay, so if you stay at any of the other resorts, there is more travel involved. We chose ROR and it is about 1 1/2 hours away from the airport. This may be something you want to take into consideration.

#7 slgscot

• 16 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

Hi, Iv booked my wedding at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay for October this year. Purely because I have stayed there before so I know what to expect! The beach is gorgeous and I prefer Negril as it is quieter..feels more remote! Im sure whatever you decide will be the right choice as they all look lovely!

#8 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Try going on Trip Advisor and look at travellers pictures. That might help you decide between the 3 of them, but all 3 are just gorgeous!

Good luck
                  July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#9 nikkib

• 65 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

Thanks ladies

#10 geology_rocks

• 215 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

We chose ROR because it was the first to get back to us with availability! Hahaha! Montego Bay wasn't open yet and they were renovating one of the Riu's in Negril. I guess that means we had fewer options then. We really liked the Riu chain. The hotel was beautiful, food was great, service was really good, we all had a great time. I'm sure you'll love any Riu that you choose! I second the advice to look at pictures on TripAdvisor, man, i love that site!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users