Sign in to follow this  
nikkib

Help... Riu Brides

Hello all! Just from reading this forum so much and seeing the wonderful experience that so many ladies have had with their Riu weddings, I believe that I want to join the club as well.

Anyways, I was wondering are there significant differences between the Riu in Ocho Rios, Negril, or Montego Bay.

Any advice into choosing a location would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Great question! I have been looking at all 3 as well and was wondering the same thing. I've never been to a Riu so it's hard for me to calibrate against other chains.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

From what Ive heard ROR is a newer resort and very nice, I think MB is also a newer one as for Negril its alot older but the Tropical bay just got a full renovation and has become a palace resort which is a little more upscale.

RIU MoBay is the newest (opened Sept. '0cool.gif...ROR is only a few years old as well. RIU Negril and RIU tropical bay are on the same strip of hotels and you can walk from one to the other. I stayed in RIU Tropical Bay this summer and it was very nice. I don't know if any of them are better than the others...I guess it all depends on the location you want.

The airport is in Montego Bay, so if you stay at any of the other resorts, there is more travel involved. We chose ROR and it is about 1 1/2 hours away from the airport. This may be something you want to take into consideration.

Hi, Iv booked my wedding at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay for October this year. Purely because I have stayed there before so I know what to expect! The beach is gorgeous and I prefer Negril as it is quieter..feels more remote! Im sure whatever you decide will be the right choice as they all look lovely!smile03.gif

We chose ROR because it was the first to get back to us with availability! Hahaha! Montego Bay wasn't open yet and they were renovating one of the Riu's in Negril. I guess that means we had fewer options then. We really liked the Riu chain. The hotel was beautiful, food was great, service was really good, we all had a great time. I'm sure you'll love any Riu that you choose! I second the advice to look at pictures on TripAdvisor, man, i love that site!