Photo

Dinnerware for AHR?????

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 happygilmore

happygilmore
  • 576 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

For those of you having an AHR, what are you using for dinnerware??
    We are having a sit down casual meal, and are trying to figure out what to use for plates, paperplates or something a little nicer like masterpiece disposable.. We are thinking of using the Reflections cutlery as of now...
    Any suggestions would be great!!!!!!!!!

#2 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
    • 274 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

Fine chinet... :)
      Actually, I've struggled with this same issue myself. Everyone says plastic is more than adequate for a casual affair, but I don't want it to be extremely casual. I also don't want to pay to rent either. I wasn't aware of masterpiece, but I am definately going to look into it as an option!
      From the brief googling, it looks decent...like a step above the picnic wear, but not going to break the bank. Good looking out!

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

I used plates from the same company that makes Masterpiece. They were like of aqua (my wedding color) and looked like hammered glass. I used reflections cutlery along with it.

Masterpiece is great because it comes in so many sizes and you can get ivory with gold trim or white with silver to match your color pallet. They also have square plates available now in white, black and clear.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

I used plates from the same company that makes Masterpiece. They were like of aqua (my wedding color) and looked like hammered glass. I used reflections cutlery along with it.

Masterpiece is great because it comes in so many sizes and you can get ivory with gold trim or white with silver to match your color pallet. They also have square plates available now in white, black and clear.

#5 jmill130

jmill130
          • 601 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

I bought clear glass plates from Bed Bath & Beyond.. they were $1.00 each. I bought about 150 plates and I also bought silverware from $ Tree. (3 forks for $1.00).

I spent $250.00 on everything! I plan to use it at a baby shower, bridal shower, and a holiday party... it was well worth the money and I think it looks nice. Good Luck!

#6 jmill130

jmill130
            • 601 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

I bought clear glass plates from Bed Bath & Beyond.. they were $1.00 each. I bought about 150 plates and I also bought silverware from $ Tree. (3 forks for $1.00).

I spent $250.00 on everything! I plan to use it at a baby shower, bridal shower, and a holiday party... it was well worth the money and I think it looks nice. Good Luck!

#7 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
              • 274 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:23 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ErinB

Please share your knowledge! I've just become aware of this fabulous invention today. Who makes masterpiece? Any recommended vendors?

#8 Celina

Celina
                • Banned
                • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

I used reflections cutlery and rolled it in paper ivory dinner napkins and tied it with a the same sheer teal colored ribbon that was used on other wedding stuff.
                  "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#9 happygilmore

happygilmore
                  • 576 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

We actually found two websites to get all our stuff.

We used WNA Comet Reflections Rolled Napkin and Stainless Steel Look Cutlery 120/CS for our silverware. We were able to get the reflections silverware (fork, spoon and knife) already wrapped with a black band. We got them yesterday and I opened one and the napkin is high quality and the silverware is fine! I got two packages of 120 sets, so 240 total and got seperate forks for the cake incase people throw them away before the cake. We got all that for $130, which I think is a great deal because looking at costco we could get some but it came with like 80 forks, 40 spoons and 40 knifes and with what we got it all came as a set and already wrapped!

We also used Smarty Had a Party! 9" Scroll Plates – Case of 240 and got 9" and 6" plates for dinner and dessert. They are scheduled to be delivered today, I am excited to see what they look like!

#10 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

I am a caterer so I get all of my hardlines directly from Comet or thru Sysco or GFS.

I know the GFS stores carry all of the lines, or they can get them in.

THe website that Megan found actually has pretty good prices and a good selection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users