Jump to content

Photo

Post your "Must Have" wedding songs


  • Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#31 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
  • Jr. Member
  • 486 posts

    Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

    Thanks girls for all your lists, I better get a move on!

    #32 Sarah

    Sarah

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

      Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

      We just finished our lists, here they are:

      Wedding/Cocktail Hour Stuff

      Prelude, Processional & Ceremony Music: Soft romantic music by Mariachi Trio

      During the Ceremony: "Pure" by Gateway Worship, guitar and song by my dad & brother

      Recessional & Cocktail Hour: Fun party music by Mariachi Trio

      Reception Stuff

      We're doing our first dance, parent's dances & inviting the group to join us in one slow song right before dinner...

      First Dance: Come What May - Moulin Rouge Soundtrack

      Parents Dance: You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban

      Group Dance: My Wish - Rascal Flats

      Dinner Music (I know we have a ton- this list is in no particular order, and our IPOD is just going on random! It won't all get played...):
      You’re the Inspiration – Chicago
      The Joker – Steve Miller Band
      It Ends Tonight – The All-American Rejects
      Enough – Barlow Girl
      Better Together – Jack Johnson
      Breakdown – Jack Johnson
      Labios Compartidos – Mana
      Inside Outside – Delerious
      The Reason – Hoobastank
      Seasons of Love – Rent
      I Wanna Grow Old With You – Adam Sandler
      Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
      Kiss The Girl – Disney
      Open Arms – Journey
      Don’t Stop Believin’- Journey
      Save the Last Dance for Me – Michale Buble
      Faithfully – Journey
      If You Leave Me Now – Journey
      Quando Quando Quando – Michael Buble feat. Nelly Furtado
      Blue Moon – Michael Buble
      Guantanamera – Buena Vista Social Club
      Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
      When I Fall in Love – Nat King Cole
      Eyes – Rogue Wave
      Nothing Left to Lose – Matt Kearney
      What if You – Joshua Radin
      Closer – Joshua Radin
      How To Save a Life – The Fray
      Wouldn’t It Be Nice – Beach Boys
      Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
      Dreams – The Cranberries
      Ring of Fire – Johnny Cash
      Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
      I Walk The Line – Johnny Cash
      Heaven – Brian Adams
      This Kiss – Faith Hill
      Will You Still Love Me – Chicago
      I Love You – Martina McBride
      Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton


      Reception Music: (I think we have a lot here too, but again, we're just putting the IPOD on random and see how it goes!)
      Fast
      Tub Thumping – Chumbawumba
      One More Time – Daft Punk
      Run It- Chris Brown
      SOS – Rihanna
      My Humps – Black Eyes Peas
      Tequila – Los Labos
      Get Ur Freak On – Missy Elliot
      Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
      Smack That – Akon feat. Eminem
      Buttons – Pussycat Dolls
      I’m Back – Akon feat. Baby Back
      Don’t Cha – Pussycat Dolls
      Baby It’s You – JoJo feat. Bow Wow
      Back and Forth – Aaliyah
      All for You – Janet Jackson
      Baby Come On Over – Samantha Mumba
      Objection – Shakira
      Seniorita – Justin Timberlake
      Come On Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
      Living On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
      Shout – Otis Day
      Blister In the Sun – Violent Femmes
      Get the Party Started – Pink
      Get Down Tonight – KC and the Sunshine Band
      SexyBack – Justin Timberlake
      London Bridge – Fergie
      Glamorous – Fergie
      I Love Rock & Roll – Joan Jett
      Dude – Beenie Man
      Grease Megamix – Grease Soundtrack
      Walk This Way – Aerosmith & Run DMC
      Wipe Out – The Surfaris
      Barbara Ann – Beach Boys
      Surfin USA – Beach Boys
      I Get Around – Beach Boys
      Fun, Fun, Fun – Beach Boys
      Ain’t No Other Man – Christina Aguilera
      Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira
      Yeah – Usher
      PYT – Michael Jackson
      Beautiful Liar – Shakira & Beyonce
      Lights, Camera, Action – Mr. Cheeks
      Gold Digger – Kanye West
      Give It To Me – Nelly Furtado feat. Justin Timberlake
      Can’t Escape My love – Enrique Iglesias
      I’ve Been Everywhere – Johnny Cash
      Corazon Espinado – Mana
      En El Muelle De San Blas - Mana
      Gold Digger - Kanye West
      Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue
      Love At First Sight - Kylie Minogue
      Boom Boom Boom - Jock Jams
      YMCA - Village People
      Turn Me On - Kevin Lyttle

      Slow
      The Way You Look Tonight – Michael Buble
      Remember When – Alan Jackson
      Making Memories of Us – Keith Urban
      One Hundred Years to Live – Five for Fighting
      My Girl – Temptations
      Bless the Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
      My Wish – Rascal Flatts
      Time After Time – Quietdrive
      I'll Stand By You - Carrie Underwood
      I Could Not Ask for More – Sara Evans
      Crash - Dave Matthews
      Crush - Dave Matthews
      Satellite - Dave Matthews
      Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

      #33 Martha

      Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

        Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

        I do not have any songs downloaded yet, but these are the types of music we want.

        Ceremony:
        We are getting a harpist.

        Cocktail hour:

        Soft music...ie: Natalie Merchant, Sara McLaughlin, Cranberries, probably some Depeche Mode. You get the idea.

        Dinner:
        All jazz. Sinatra (My FI's FAVORITE), Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, you get the idea.

        First Dance:
        "By Your Side" Sade

        Father-Bride Dance:
        Well, our dance at me first wedding was "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. MY dad LOVES Clapton, but I don't think itwould be a good idea to play the same song at this wedding. I think "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.

        Mother-Groom Dance:
        He hasn't decided.

        We are going to start taking dance lessons when we move to San Antonio this summer so FI and I will also have a cheesy dance to something jazzy sometime during the reception.

        Reception:
        Tons of old school 80's and 90's.

        #34 cessyboston

        cessyboston
        • VIP Member
        • 2,096 posts

          Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

          ok girls i have a few fav... they are lovers divine by seal.. all my life k-c jojo
          marc broussard the beautiful of who you are ( you must here this)
          Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

          #35 NABUMBAH

          NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

            Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

            Here is the music that we had

            Prelude (played on guitar with vocals)

            Steady as she goes - Dave Matthews Band
            Something - The Beatles
            To Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan
            Better Together - Jack Johnson
            Fools Rush In - Elvis
            C'est La Vie - Bob Seger
            .. I know we had more, but I have no idea what they were :)

            played on acoustic guitar

            Parents processional -
            Here, there and everywhere - the Beatles

            Bridal party -
            There Is Love - Peter, Paul & Mary

            Bridal processional -
            Canon in D - Pachelbel

            Guitar & Vocals

            Recessional -
            Wouldn't it be nice - The Beach Boys

            Dinner music (IPOD)
            By your side - Sade
            Everyday - Dave Matthews
            It's Your Love - Tim McGraw/Faith Hill
            In My Room - The Beach Boys
            God Only Knows - The Beach boys
            And It Stoned Me - Van Morrison
            Sweet Thing - Van Morrison
            Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
            Ordinary People - John Legend
            Fix You - Coldplay
            Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
            Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
            Lover's Rock - Sade
            Easy Like Sunday Morning - Lionel Richie
            Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
            Forever - Ben Harper
            Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady - Lionel Richie
            Waiting on an Angel - Ben Harper
            Stay With You - John Legend
            Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - The Police

            First Dance (IPOD)
            Into The Mystic - Van Morrison
            (we were between this song, Al Green's Let's Stay Together, and Ben Harper's Forever until about an hour before the ceremony)

            Parents Dance - (played by the Twins)
            Unforgettable & Wonderful World

            and if that isn't enough, here are the songs that we chose from the playlist that The Twins provided:

            (C&P'd from their download)

            I will Survive Gloria Gaynor
            Can get enough (Barry White)
            That’s the way KC&SUNSHINE
            Get down tonight KC&SUNSHINE
            Brick house
            Play That Funky music
            Celebration
            We are Family
            Electric Slide
            Twist and Shout beatles
            Pretty Woman Roy Orbison
            Smood Santana
            Shout
            Hot Hot Hot
            Louie Louie
            Surfing USA
            Wooly Boolly
            Moondance Van Morrison
            Tequila
            Macarena
            Mustang Sally
            Old time rock’n roll
            Sweet Home Alabama
            Satisfaction
            Jhonny Be Good
            Money Money Billy Idol
            What I like about you
            Brown eye girl Van Morrison
            My girl Temptations
            Mambo # 5 Lou Bega
            Conga Gloria Stefan
            Bamboleo Gypsy Kings
            I feel good James Brown
            Fun Fun Beach boys
            Cocomo Beach Boys
            Hang on Sloopy
            Three Little Birds Bob Marley
            One love Bob Marley
            Red Wine UB40
            Jummin' Bob Marley
            What a wonderful world
            Fly me to the Moon Frank S.
            The way you look tonight Frank S
            My Way
            Unforgettable Nat King cole
            Sweet Caroline Neil Dimond
            Let’s stay Together Al Green
            Let’s get it On Marvin Gay
            Margarita Ville Jimmy B
            Friends in low places Garth B
            Achy Breaky Billy Ray S
            Suspicious Mind
            All shoock up
            Don’t be Cruel
            Free bird
            Blue Suede Shoes
            Great Balls of fire
            Have fun tonight
            Houng Dog
            L-O-V-E Nat King Cole
            Piano Man Billy Joel
            Hello Lionel Richi
            All My Loving
            From me to you
            Corazon Espinado Santana
            Ayer Gloria Stefan
            Mi Tierra Gloria Estefan
            La Vida loca Ricky Martin
            Maria 1 2 3 Ricky Martin
            La Bomba Ricky Martin
            Camisa Negra Juanes
            Asi es la vida Elefante
            La Tortura Shakira

            #36 *JillD*

            *JillD*
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,112 posts

              Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lryates76
              My FI finally came up with our first dance song...and I didn't think he was doing his job. It's "I'll stand by you" by Carrie Underwood. It's the song from the Idol Gives Back CD. I really like it!
              Lisa I've always loved this song and when I heard Carrie Underwood sing it the other night, I was thinking the same thing, this would be a great first dance song!

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Susan101207
              Just bought the Carrie Underwood version of "I'll Stand By You" from iTunes. Love it! Matt and I are going to have to have at least 5O first dances! There are just too many songs that I love!
              Me too, I can't make a decision!


              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
              We just finished our lists, here they are:

              Wedding/Cocktail Hour Stuff

              Prelude, Processional & Ceremony Music: Soft romantic music by Mariachi Trio

              During the Ceremony: "Pure" by Gateway Worship, guitar and song by my dad & brother

              Recessional & Cocktail Hour: Fun party music by Mariachi Trio

              Reception Stuff

              We're doing our first dance, parent's dances & inviting the group to join us in one slow song right before dinner...

              First Dance: Come What May - Moulin Rouge Soundtrack

              Parents Dance: You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban

              Group Dance: My Wish - Rascal Flats

              Dinner Music (I know we have a ton- this list is in no particular order, and our IPOD is just going on random! It won't all get played...):
              You’re the Inspiration – Chicago
              The Joker – Steve Miller Band
              It Ends Tonight – The All-American Rejects
              Enough – Barlow Girl
              Better Together – Jack Johnson
              Breakdown – Jack Johnson
              Labios Compartidos – Mana
              Inside Outside – Delerious
              The Reason – Hoobastank
              Seasons of Love – Rent
              I Wanna Grow Old With You – Adam Sandler
              Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
              Kiss The Girl – Disney
              Open Arms – Journey
              Don’t Stop Believin’- Journey
              Save the Last Dance for Me – Michale Buble
              Faithfully – Journey
              If You Leave Me Now – Journey
              Quando Quando Quando – Michael Buble feat. Nelly Furtado
              Blue Moon – Michael Buble
              Guantanamera – Buena Vista Social Club
              Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
              When I Fall in Love – Nat King Cole
              Eyes – Rogue Wave
              Nothing Left to Lose – Matt Kearney
              What if You – Joshua Radin
              Closer – Joshua Radin
              How To Save a Life – The Fray
              Wouldn’t It Be Nice – Beach Boys
              Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
              Dreams – The Cranberries
              Ring of Fire – Johnny Cash
              Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
              I Walk The Line – Johnny Cash
              Heaven – Brian Adams
              This Kiss – Faith Hill
              Will You Still Love Me – Chicago
              I Love You – Martina McBride
              Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton


              Reception Music: (I think we have a lot here too, but again, we're just putting the IPOD on random and see how it goes!)
              Fast
              Tub Thumping – Chumbawumba
              One More Time – Daft Punk
              Run It- Chris Brown
              SOS – Rihanna
              My Humps – Black Eyes Peas
              Tequila – Los Labos
              Get Ur Freak On – Missy Elliot
              Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
              Smack That – Akon feat. Eminem
              Buttons – Pussycat Dolls
              I’m Back – Akon feat. Baby Back
              Don’t Cha – Pussycat Dolls
              Baby It’s You – JoJo feat. Bow Wow
              Back and Forth – Aaliyah
              All for You – Janet Jackson
              Baby Come On Over – Samantha Mumba
              Objection – Shakira
              Seniorita – Justin Timberlake
              Come On Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
              Living On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
              Shout – Otis Day
              Blister In the Sun – Violent Femmes
              Get the Party Started – Pink
              Get Down Tonight – KC and the Sunshine Band
              SexyBack – Justin Timberlake
              London Bridge – Fergie
              Glamorous – Fergie
              I Love Rock & Roll – Joan Jett
              Dude – Beenie Man
              Grease Megamix – Grease Soundtrack
              Walk This Way – Aerosmith & Run DMC
              Wipe Out – The Surfaris
              Barbara Ann – Beach Boys
              Surfin USA – Beach Boys
              I Get Around – Beach Boys
              Fun, Fun, Fun – Beach Boys
              Ain’t No Other Man – Christina Aguilera
              Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira
              Yeah – Usher
              PYT – Michael Jackson
              Beautiful Liar – Shakira & Beyonce
              Lights, Camera, Action – Mr. Cheeks
              Gold Digger – Kanye West
              Give It To Me – Nelly Furtado feat. Justin Timberlake
              Can’t Escape My love – Enrique Iglesias
              I’ve Been Everywhere – Johnny Cash
              Corazon Espinado – Mana
              En El Muelle De San Blas - Mana
              Gold Digger - Kanye West
              Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue
              Love At First Sight - Kylie Minogue
              Boom Boom Boom - Jock Jams
              YMCA - Village People
              Turn Me On - Kevin Lyttle

              Slow
              The Way You Look Tonight – Michael Buble
              Remember When – Alan Jackson
              Making Memories of Us – Keith Urban
              One Hundred Years to Live – Five for Fighting
              My Girl – Temptations
              Bless the Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
              My Wish – Rascal Flatts
              Time After Time – Quietdrive
              I'll Stand By You - Carrie Underwood
              I Could Not Ask for More – Sara Evans
              Crash - Dave Matthews
              Crush - Dave Matthews
              Satellite - Dave Matthews
              Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

              Sarah, I LOVE come what may, from Moulin Rouge, I was going through all of my cds the other day listening and trying to find a first dance song and I remembered there being a song I loved on the moulin rouge disc, so I popped it in and listened to come what may and think its a perfect first dance song! I have so many that I love its so hard to decide, but this one is in the top 5.

              #37 laura b

              laura b
              • Jr. Member
              • 334 posts

                Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

                Lisa-
                I don't mean to hijack this thread, but where are you guys doing your dances and all that? Do you already have it set up with Sandra? Do you know if bringing your own iPod but using their equipment costs extra? I'm wondering about all that. I wanted to just do karaoke afterward, but if we go with the silver package, we won't have the trio and I want music at the reception and wedding.
                Thanks!

                #38 Sarah

                Sarah

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

                  Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jilly76
                  Sarah, I LOVE come what may, from Moulin Rouge, I was going through all of my cds the other day listening and trying to find a first dance song and I remembered there being a song I loved on the moulin rouge disc, so I popped it in and listened to come what may and think its a perfect first dance song! I have so many that I love its so hard to decide, but this one is in the top 5.
                  It's funny, because before Jeff & I were dating, we were just friends and both with other people, but we both loved the movie Moulin Rouge. I know, we're weird. It's one of those movies that you either love or hate. But, we both love musicals so we enjoyed annoying our SO's and signing along with it. Fast-forward a couple years to when we started dating, we were watching that movie together and instantly knew that was "our song". It's such an emotional dramatic song. There was never any question for us that that was "the one".

                  #39 RaydensMama

                  RaydensMama
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,861 posts

                    Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

                    The only MUST HAVE songs are
                    Ballroom Blitz- Misfits
                    Ultimate Devotion- Strung Out
                    Livin' On a Prayer- Bon Jovi
                    Bead of Roses- Bon Jovi

                    The rest Im not picky about though!

                    #40 LisaG

                    LisaG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

                      Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by laura b
                      Lisa-
                      I don't mean to hijack this thread, but where are you guys doing your dances and all that? Do you already have it set up with Sandra? Do you know if bringing your own iPod but using their equipment costs extra? I'm wondering about all that. I wanted to just do karaoke afterward, but if we go with the silver package, we won't have the trio and I want music at the reception and wedding.
                      Thanks!
                      I haven't talked to Sandra about any of this stuff. I plan on bringing my iPod and having someone in charge. As far as dancing...haven't got that far either. I do know that there is a charge for a dance floor...it's on the price list. I'm still trying to get other questions answered (from last week). So, once she answers those, I will ask a few more.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users