Help: does anyone know Allure Event Design??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lizlarned

• 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hi there,
    I was wondering if anyone else was utilizing the services of Allure Event Designs for their wedding in Los Cabos? The wedding coordinator, Vari Avila, came highly recommended through a friend. I spoke with her once in January and she said she would put together a proposal for me.
    I have attempted to contact her over the last 4 weeks to make plans to meet with her when I come back to Cabo in 2 weeks to finalize some decisions for the wedding but she has not returned any e-mails or phone calls. I haven't heard from her since January 22nd.
    Has anyone heard anything about Allure Event Designs? I certainly hope nothing bad has happened to Ms. Avila.
    I would appreciate any input.

#2 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
    • LocationToronto

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

Hmm I haven't heard anything, but I hope someone on the forum can help. I know a few girls have used her in the past.

#3 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

Hi. Allure is my WC and I have had a slow response this month too. I'm not sure what is going on.

#4 AlmostaSeif

• 90 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

Vari is also my wedding coordinator. I don't want to say anything bad about her, because I realllllllly like her. She is a little slow in responding, but I am thinking that is typical with most wedding coordinators as they are so busy. I have not heard from her in awhile. She did call me last week to tell me she was going to send me responses to my questions, but I have yet to hear anything back. I am kinda freaking out. I would recommend calling her (which is what I need to do too)!

#5 lizlarned

• 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

For an update, I met with Vari and She has been very responsive and helpful. So far I would highly recommend her. I think that she is very busy and is sometime slow to respond, but overall she is very talented.

#6 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

I agree. Vari is a very detailed oriented person. She remembers everything I tell her. So far i know two other brides she is working with and I know we are all very anxious so I think she is taking her time to make sure all our details are sorted out. I do like her personality. She is very calming.

#7 AlmostaSeif

• 90 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

Vari really does remember everything you say. She also knows EXACTLY what I want. I will be sure to post a full detailed review of her after our wedding.

#8 jennwo

• 189 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:30 AM

This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway... :) If you have a WC through the hotel, why do you need an outside event planner?

#9 Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo

Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo
                • 249 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

Hello Elizabeth,

I have worked many times with Vari, I can tell you she is a great coordinator, very professionnal and reliable.

Have fun on your planning trip!
                  by Jeremy Herman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users