Invitation Wording - how do we get guests to book??

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 march132010

• 1,057 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

We sent out save the date newsletters, and everyone jumped on board, our TA sent out a welcome packet for all who got there deposit in, then every 3 months we send a little wedding gift and updated newsletter. Good Luck!!!!

#12 mimosa123

• 153 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by crazykat
      I went through a travel agent, and we had to put down a deposit of approx $2000. This held and blocked off rooms at the resort it also held our prices for not going up or down for approx 3-4 weeks. We had to tell our travel agent how many rooms we wanted to block off. We sent out our boarding pass save-the-date with a letter from the travel agent that had a blurb about the resort, the approximate dates we we going, the prices of the different rooms people could chose from. By the time people recieved their save-the dates and letter they had approx two weeks to put down a $200 deposit to hold their rooms. There was a date on the letter that people had to put down their deposits by or the risked the prices they were quoted in the letter to go up/or not get placed with the group when travelling. We ended up getting 41 people booked. Once every one put their depisits down we got out $2000 back. Not sure if this helps anyone, but I though I would just mentioned how I did it.
      I surely didn't think about putting the money upfront..thanks a million!

#13 meghan

• 832 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

we put $3000 down to book 10 rooms and then they gave us another 10 on top that didn't need to be filled (so we have 20 held in total). I sent out save the dates right away and told people that the resort is very popular and will fill up fast. That got a lot of people booking right away. I continue to send out emails every 4 months maybe just reminding people that its best to book right away so they dont end up not getting a room. I am going to send out formal paper invites, but i'm not sure how early to do this....any suggestions?

#14 Brenda&Jeff09

• 220 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

This may be more of an etiquette question, but do we have to send out formal invitations? I sent our save the dates, and most of the people that have told us they are coming, have already booked. It seems like formal invitations would be redundant... but I don't want to skip them if that's considered tacky.

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#15 juliez79

• 167 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

I've been working with my TA to get suggestions on this, but this has been more helpful.

He suggested putting a deadline on booking for two reasons - we can ensure they get a room (our resort doesn't require us to save the rooms or put up a deposit - more of a first come/first served basis). The second reason is it will help me with planning because I'll know the count a couple of months ahead of time.

We are also doing a website because of the logistics of the DW. All the info for the TA is on there and let everyone know on the STDs (which I will send in a couple of weeks). I love the idea of doing the insert with the invites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users